Back to Maison Ikkoku20 Kandahar Street

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining3 votes

ling99
 • Monday at 9:52pm 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
My husband took me on a date to this lovely cafe on a weekend. We reached there ard 11am and the plc was packed with people. The waiter offered to put us on wait list and call us when table was available.

The waiter does not take order instead customers need to make order and payment at the cashier directly. I ordered Egg Benedict + long black while my husband ordered French Toast + ice latte. I love the Egg Benedict and find that it was done very well. However, the sourdough muffin was abit too dry n hard. The coffee taste fantastic.. There was a wine after-taste that lingers after awhile. I believe their coffee are good as I saw many regular coming in for just their caffeine dose!!! Hubby toast was great too but not latte.

The toilet was clean and equipped with air freshner. However, near kitchen and possible to listen to all the chefs conversation. Where me and hubby were seated, I could see a thick layer of dust and cobwebs on the brick wall... Threatening to fall over anytime! I think some cleaning would help. The sofa was mostly cracked, some more severe and stained.

We finish our food and left the plc

Must tries: Eggs Benedict

Breakfast, Brunch, Chillout, Hidden Find, Romance/First Dates

jankliciouz
 • 29 Oct 2014 22 reviews 0 follower

Lynn Yeoh
 • 03 Sep 2014 155 reviews 2 followers
Overall
I love this place for the breakfast and lunch sets. Visit this place between 11-2 and every food dish you order comes with complimentary coffee (or drink below $5).

That means I enjoyed my apple pecan salad AND a flat white for 12 nett. Score. I Loved That they didn't skimp on the mesclun mix and the feta and pecans added great flavor and texture. The flat white is of high quality though not blow your mind awesome.

Didn't stay long enough to transition to cocktail hour upstairs but might do that next time.