Summary

duck confit, foie gras, Corned Beef Pasta..., Pastas, Tomatoes soup, Wagyu beef, almond milk View all
Quiet, Lunch, Chillout, Dinner, Hidden Find, High Tea View all

Location is great but service is terrible!

Located in a library that is always packed on the weekend, this cafe could have done a great service for library patrons. Unfortunately I would much rather find some other place in Bugis then head down to this cafe for a reading spot. The food is overpriced, and the service staff hover over you. When I entered there was only another group of 4 diners in the cafe, and I asked for the corner table (a 4-seater) but the waitress reluctantly agreed as she was worried that the audience of the play in progress would need the space (don't be fooled - barely anyone used the cafe space before the play and during the intermission).

After sitting down I asked the waitress if I could use the electrical outlet, but she referred me to her boss, who only agreed with a frown and followed me back to my seat to see if my power cord would be short and trip other guests. Moreover, throughout my 3-hour stay it was difficult to read in peace as the lady boss kept barking orders to her staff.

To top it all off, as my friend and I were getting ready to go and footing the bill, the waitress whispered that her boss had instructed her to inform me not to use the outlet for the whole day. That was absolutely the last straw, and I will not be returning.

However, as I did not order any in-house menu items, I must qualify that one may very well choose to come back if the cooked dishes are actually worth it.

Most helpful reviews for Makarios Cafe

Great food and service!

I found a nice quiet place for good food- The Makarios Cafe at the National Library.

Based on a friend's recommendation, I called and made a reservation. For this meal, I ordered the Wagyu Beef Burger.

When the Wagyu burger is served, I was amazed by the size. All 200 grams of wagyu topped with a slice of red cheddar cheese and foie gras.

The foie gras is crispy on the edges, soft and buttery in texture. I enjoyed it’s rich, livery taste as it melts in my mouth.
The wagyu beef patty is done medium rare. It is tender and juicy with its scculent fats giving my patty a unique taste. Having foie gras and wagyu beef together is really heaven in my mouth.
I usually skip the fries but this is special. It is french fries with Truffles oil, giving it an earthy aroma.

The service is good and the staff is knowledgeable about the food on the menu. I'll come back again with a few foodie friends
Bon appetit!

BAD SERVICES

This afternoon.. the makarios cafe very quiet, only 7 persons at THAT PLACE ,and we (2 of us) DECIDED TO SIT THERE,TO STUDY... and we ordered 1glass  orange n' cream
And just 15 minutes we sit down--THE AUNTY SHOUT TO US AND THE OTHER VISITOR---
TO US:"YOU TWO PERSON MUST ORDER 2 GLASS DRINK,,,!

TO OTHER VISITOR:"BOTH OF YOU ALSO NEED TO ORDER 2 GLASS DRINK, AND SOME MORE-- YOU 2 PERSONS TAKE 4 SEATS AND THEN CHARGED UR LAPTOP__ USING MY ELECTRICITY!

what kind of service is that???

Not worth half a star

The food is bad, but the service worse. My friends and I are not coming back ever. Not worth even half a star.

Nice & Cosy

Come here quite often with my buddies after our library studies. Its nice and cosy and the cakes are pretty decent too. Our fave hangout!