Review for Manna Story (Plaza Singapura)

3.2

AsianKorean
Address: #B2-22, Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road, 238839
18 Dec 2013

Positive Experience

The Dakgalbi and the Dolsot Bibimbap were tasty. Dakgalbi was good, and accurately recommended by an earlier review here. The Dolsot Bibmbap had fragrance of sesame oil - nice. The cinnamon tea was a bit strong for me, but nevertheless, having a unique taste.
Dakgalbi, Dolsot Bibimbap

More reviews of Manna Story

Ok, but could be better

View the full menu with prices here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/18/manna-story/

Korean food, as part of the Hallyu wave, has been the craze for quite a few years now. Many restaurants have sprung up, some good, some terrible. This one, Manna Story, falls smack in the middle. The food is ok, but really was not anything that special. Maybe I am overly dissapointed because this place came highly recommended from some friends, and I had expected a lot more. It really should have been better. My friends still swear that its good, so maybe theres just a lack of consistency in their output. If you still wanna check it out, check out the menu at chewingyum.com

Manna Story isn't bad at all, but its far from great.
Overall

worst then foodcourt at triple the price.

ordered chicken bulgogi and kimchi pork stew. chicken was super tasteless and shredded to bits. kimchi soup was so diluted and tasteless, worst place ever. my last time here.
Overall

PLASTICBAG IN RAMEN!!!POOR SERVICE!!!

Today I visit here in noon. I ordered ramen and found a plastic bag inside! When I proceed to counter to make payment, all the female did nothing and don't know what they're doing, the young male waiter ignored me and let me wait for 3 mins and come without apologies.

Authentic Korean Grub

One of my fav places to look for Korean comfort food. Went at about 8:30pm, there was still a short queue in front of us. But I was glad we waited cos the food came quickly. The soft tofu soup was refreshingly spicy and full of tofu. It wasn't salty and I am pretty sure the soup stock did not come from some instant ramen powder as there was a deep flavor to it. The seafood pancake was crispy but didn't come with much seafood but for the economic value I am not complaining. Side dishes were not fancy but down to earth. This place is probably closest to what you would get in a small alley-way eatery in the heart of Seoul.

IGNORANT STAFF! !!

I visited Manna Spreu at Plaza Singapura today around 5plus in the afternoon. There was no one to lead me to a table so I just sat down on one of the many available tables. There were2 tables with customers and I was near one that were just being served. A female staff looked at me and simply say down to have her dinner. The young male staff brought the side dishes to the table next to mine and simply ignore my presence!!! Because of the delay, my dinner time was shortened to only 20 mins, having to look for another restaurant!

Having good food with such bad service simply takes away the positive points to have another reason to visit this restaurant again