Ma Li Ya Virgin Chicken (玛俐亚处女鸡)

Summary

Food/Drink4
AmbienceN/A
Service3
Maria Virgin Chicken View all

Very tender braised soy sauce chicken

Food/Drink 4 | Value 5 | Ambience N/A | Service 3

The signboard is so loud with its name - Virgin Chicken. Good marketing tactic. The chicken is smooth and tender and price is so cheap. Really worth the visit.

Most helpful reviews for Ma Li Ya Virgin Chicken

瑪莉亞處女雞 Maria "Virgin" Chicken ... Rose Wine Soy Chicken

Food/Drink 4 | Value 4 | Ambience N/A | Service N/A

I cannot verify the virginity of chooks from Maria "Virgin" Chicken 瑪莉亞處女雞. However, I can attest that these Virgin Chickens are well love by both men and women alike. When the stall was opened some time last year, the name of the stall caught my eye. Initially, there wasn't any serious queue and I actually laugh off the name more like a joke whatever the virgin is referring to. Almost a year past, the stall has started to accumulate its own fan base. I've been marketing early in the Chinatown Complex recently and observed that there's even a queue during early breakfast hours. In the earlier part of the morning, only half or whole chickens are sold. Chicken rice is only available during lunch time. I had lunch in Chinatown Complex last week and finally get to try the Virgin Chicken Rice. There was a long queue but fortunately my colleague volunteered to join the queue while I 'chope' seats. If you would like to visit, the stall is near to the lifts in Chinatown Complex.

The chicken in Maria Virgin Chicken is actually Rose Wine Soy Chicken 玫瑰油鸡. The Rose Wine and Soy Sauce got infused into the skin giving it that dark brown color. Initially, I thought it's typical roast chicken. When I finally tasted it, I discovered that the skin, unlike roast chicken, was very smooth and due to the Rose Wine Soy Sauce, it was very delicious. This is from some one who do not like to eat chicken skin unless it's grilled or fried.

For more photos and details check out - http://4-the-love-of-food.blogspot.com/2012/04/maria-virgin-chicken-rose-wine-soy.html