Reviews for MEDZS (Orchard Central)

BeerEuropeanFrenchGreekIranianMediterraneanMiddle EasternMoroccanSeafoodSpanishTurkishWesternWine
Jocelyn Tan

Dinner satisfying

A great place to gather for big group of friends. Had a very satisfying dinner while meeting up with a bunch of old friends. I love my carbonara! And medzs has one of the best I have tasted. Words cannot describe how flavourful it was. Creamy and a nice smokey flavour because of the bacon. Generous portion too! I keep slurping the pasta up. Very surprising find because the menu consists of many other variety of main dishes. I will be back to try the rest of the dishes. A round of applause for medzs.
08 Dec 2014 • 9 reviews • 0 follower

Dinner satisfying

07 Dec 2014 • 579 reviews • 21 followers

Pretty desserts that didn't quite deliver

For the full review, please see http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com

The Mediterranean-style, Marche-like, restaurant over at Orchard Central offers up a decent array of French-inspired desserts, all of which are really pretty. But, they're more style than substance, fairly sufficing but forgettable. Their chocolate-based ones tend to be better though, so maybe stick to those ones instead.

We had:

1) Although purportedly a signature here, the Medz Signature Rainbow Cake ($6.90) was unmemorable. Pretty though.

2) La Opera ($5.90): probably the best of the lot. Dense, moist and balanced.

3) Red Velvet ($4.90): dewy but insipid.

4) Salted Caramel Cheesecake ($5.90): terribly pedestrian, moderately lush, but lacking in oomph.

5) Chocolate Truffle Cake ($6.90): commendable, nuanced and rich
03 Dec 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Rainbow Cake

One of the best rainbow cake in town. The cake is spongy and gives a tint of sweetness. Simply love it and my personal favourite so far. My other favourite is their rosti, the texture is crispy on the outside and flavourful on the inside.