Back to MEDZS#B2-01, Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road

Trendy3 votes

purpurme
 • 08 Jul 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I arrived at around 6 plus and I guess dinner service was not ready yet, since I had to wait around half an hour for my food, despite being the first few guests arrived.

Ordered the following:

Fish & Mushroom Calzone : Not bad. Fish is quite fishy, might not be suitable for those who can't stand the taste.

Truffle Fries : For it's price and size of it, it's worth a try. It was pretty good at the top but once you ate half-way through, the truffle oil taste is pretty much non-existant.

Rosti with Pork Sausage : I'm guessing I've got the first rosti for dinner service. When it came to me, it was drench in oil and it was pretty black. Thankfully, the sausage is good.

Crepe : My favourite for the night. It's so much more than what their competitor M can offer. Crepe is good. Ice cream is good. Chocolate sauce is good and generous. Fruits are serve a plenty.

This is my first visit. Would come back again to try other dishes and it is certainly a good place to hang with friends since there is a promo for 1-1 beer/cider.

After Work, Ala Carte, Anniversary, Birthdays, Brunch, Chillout, Large Groups, Lunch, Parties, Relaxed

FoodnMovieLover
 • 05 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The service is VERY VERY VERY VERY POOR. I went in at 2.40PM and only got the food at 4.45PM. We ordered around 2.50PM and waited for 30 minutes before discovering that the waiter did not even process our order. Then we had to wait for ANOTHER 30 MINUTES just for our food to come. And during this waiting time, the restaurant didn't have more than 8 customers with 3 servers and 1 manager to serve the customers.

Well the food wasn't worth the 1 hour wait. I ordered a duck confit which tasted very dry. There was very little sauce and it was rather bland for a restaurant standard. Only the roasted mushroom tasted nice, but it was few and sliced thinly. The potatoes given was rather bland too.

Their rainbow cake tasted nice, and it was beautifully decorated. But who wants to visit a restaurant just for their dessert?

Overall, I had a horrible experience because their service was so poor and complaining to the manager did nothing. I still had to wait very very long for my food.Terrible, poor service.

The only good thing is the 50% deal. But that's it really.

littletinysun
 • 21 May 2014 57 reviews 2 followers
Overall
Tucked away in the corner of Orchard Central's basement, MEDZS is a restaurant that every shopper would notice when using the underground passageway towards Centrepoint. Several shout-outs have been made on their standees to pull people in, and I must say that every soul — whether famished or full — would have their eyes set on the decor of the entrance. Last weekend, the 'All-Day Weekend Brunch offers' had such a strong magnetic pull that in no time, I found myself walking down the aisles of the restaurant.

Read recommendations on my blog here: http://www.littletinysun.com/2014/05/medzs-orchard-central-review.html

Must tries: Rosti, pesto chicken calzone, rosti with sour cream, cured salmon rosti

After Work, Ala Carte, Anniversary, BBQ, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Breakfast, Brunch, Buffet, Business Breakfast, Business Dining, Children/Family, Chillout, Corporate Events, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Graduation, High Tea, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Nice Deco, Quiet, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, Trendy, Vibrant/Noisy