MEDZS has closed.

Summary

Service3
Rosti, duck confit, kebab, rainbow cake, kebab hot plate beef with cheese mushroom, Paella, Cod Fillet, Crispy Pork Roulade, Eggs Benedicts, Grilled Sea Bass Fillet, Octopus Paella, Pork Belly, Truffle chicken, crushed potatoes, cured salmon rosti, earl grey creme brulee, iberico spanish ham, pesto chicken calzone, salted caramel cheesecake, steak, waffle with icecream View all
Dinner, Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Children/Family, Vibrant/Noisy, Chillout, Live Band, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Hidden Find, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Ala Carte, Brunch, Cheap Eat/Budget, Large Groups, Romance/First Dates, Anniversary, Buffet, Business Dining, Corporate Events, High Tea, Trendy View all

Slow, very slow

Have to wait almost 1 hour for my Calzone!! Unbelievable. Oh and it's not even peak hour. Order was made at 5.10pm, didn't get my food till pass 6.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) MEDZS (Orchard Central)

Food served are cold and the service is very bad

This is my first visit to Medzs and it was an unpleasant one. Firstly,  the food we ordered i supposed is only cook when we place order but when it was being served to us, the food was rather cold and it don't taste nice either. The food was rather bland. We order 6 different dishes and only one served was hot. Secondly,  the staff there is super rude, even the manager is attitude (i supposed tne one who wear black shirt is their manager). When food was being served, they give an attitude look and wss super unfriendly. When we ask them questions, they alway seem like they cant hear or act blur.  Most of the staff are like that, all got attitude problem.Best part is they just throw the bill on our table. The manager also say sarcastic things which we find it quite offensives.  With this kind of  manager , no womder all the other staff also behave this way. This is the first and also the last visit here. Totally spoilt our day. Don't waste your time and money here.!

Med food wonderland

Food/Drink 4 | Value 5 | Ambience 4 | Service N/A

Hidden in the basement B2 of Orchard Central, is this assortment of Mediterranean food stalls. Using the same cashless card concept ala Marche, it's a casual self-serve style, which can disrupt the table time conversation a little. But there are benefits too like more variety and the anticipation of wondering around and deciding what to eat. The ambience is good and highlighted by the ornate turkish lights, which caught our attention and many others too it seemed.

Coming to the food, after an exploratory survey we opted for turkish, which seemed to be the most popular stall. It's reassuring to see two very turkish looking gentlemen in the kitchen, making me feel it should be authentic. Somehow we both settled on the chicken kebab (served in the pancake), with a variety of sauces - garlic, chilli, yoghurt. Quite a few other menu options to come back for, I also had my eye on the lamb hot plate and burgul rice side.

While waiting for the kebabs I wondered across to the Med Garden stall, and was tempted by the cheese plate. A choice of 3 x 30g each, and I was spoilt to have non-dairy options like manchego (sheep milk) and goats cheese, so had to give this a try. Perhaps still thinking about the Marche comparison, I was also tempted while here to order a rosti with parma ham add-on. I'm not sure rosti strictly fits the Med theme, but I guess we can allow some poetic licence.

The cheese board is well presented with some bread and grapes. We took the above two plus camembert. The goats cheese chevre was excellent! Very ripe and with a nice hint of lemon/acid. The rosti was well seasoned such that I could have eaten it by itself. It comes with sour cream (on the side as I'd asked).

Then came the kebab and it's very tasty. The chilli sauce is mild, and the chicken is juicy. But the highlight for me is the pancake which is springy and just the right size/thickness. Yummy, and outstanding value for 5 bux!

Finally for the beverages, the 5% bar has an extensive beer list, including boutique grades like british ales, trappist beer, etc. They are also doing 1-for-1 (until 30 June!), yay. I couldn't pass up the option to have James Boags, which claims on the bottle to be Tasmania's best but personally I think it's a modest claim. There are some nice lounges to chill out around the back of the bar. For a healthy end to this feast, we also hit the juice bar for a super anti-ox juice (beetroot, ginger and some others... apple/carrot?) which was very refreshing.

Medzs is well worth a visit, and actually I'm slightly reluctant to publicise here, because it might easily change from hidden gem to overcrowded. Anyway personally I will plan to be back many times for the affordable, authentic and good quality food and drinks.

Refreshing new concept....at Medz

Last week, i met a friend who just had lunch at a new joint along Orchard Rd and was full of praise so I had to check it out....

A new and refreshing new concept - sort of like a up market food court serving French, Spanish, Lebanese and Greek foods....top with a beer bar!

Able to sample different types of cuisine from steak to iberico spanish ham to kebab...very tasty and great change from normal hawker fare. Especially like the steak and resonable price too.

Would not have found the place if not told by friend as there were few obvious signages....at least to tell customers about new joint.

come back? of course but need to budget about $20 a head for full meal with drink...more if beers!

Meal would be complete if belly dancing was included!!

Good Quality Food with No Service Charge!

For full review and photos, please visit:

Medzs - Famous for their Signature Rainbow Cake, is a popular casual dining Mediterranean Restaurant. They have the similar dining concept as Marche but I think their food quality was so much better than Marche.

They offer massive range of cuisines from places like Spain, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, France, Italy, Greece and Asia... (Note: Asia Cuisine is only available at the Millenia Walk outlet)

It's nice to have so many gourmet from different countries all in one place. We were here for dinner on Sunday night, so far the waiting time for our food was quite fast, usually around 10mins wait. The restaurant is very big, great place for big groups!

With the huge selection of quite good quality desserts, food and beverages at affordable prices, Medzs definitely is a value for money place not to be missed!

Lovely Sweets Expectation

After a satisfying experience previously, I returned again for my sweet fix and this time I bought my friends so we can try more desserts. I'm an absolute fan of their rainbow cake. Its super moist, soft and creamy. One of the best cakes I have tasted. No wonder they are voted the best rainbow cake in Singapore. We also tried the red velet cake, it was not bad i like that their cream cheese was light and not too overly sweet. Fell in love with the earl grey creme brulee. Wow! The tea aroma and creme brulee just works! I am returning back for more sweets next time. Well done MEDZS!