Mon - Sun: 12:00 - 15:00
Mon - Sun: 18:00 - 22:00
Momiji Shabu Shabu Restaurant lets you feel the warmth and relaxation from the traditional Japanese culture with exquites display in its interior and serves a huge variety of seafood and Japanese premium item from fresh based to grill to steam cooked, each of the section will give you a different crave which suits the local taste bud.
There are many Jap buffet but this makes the mark as serving good food with good value. Food: sashimi is salmon, squid and prawns. It is the only place where I can enjoy the said sashimi because it is fresh and crisp. The salmon sashimi is also tasty save served on large lots.
Food: Fresh and the best selection of sushi I've seen in any buffet. Prawns, fish, squid sushi. The outstanding items were the shabu shabu hot pot, with pork with a very tasty soup stock. I usually don't eat the prepared dishes in a Japanese buffet because you'll feel stuffed after it. I had the salads, sushi, sashimi (squid and salmon), large prawns boiled in the shabu shabu stock and then went on to dessert. The best part of the dessert is the quality Haagen Das icecream - 6 tubs of it: green tea, rum raisin, and walnut. Delicious. The green teat mochi was memorable with soft skin and delicious green tea/cream filling.
Value: I went on a eve of public holiday and had to pay a higher tier price but normal days lunch for seniors is a very good deal.
Service: Pleasant, mainly Singaporean servers and clearers.
Ambience: Top floor of City Square with lots of places and space to enjoy your food.
Average food quality but disgustingly horrible customer service.
1. We ate at the Revenue House branch on Tuesday, 29th March 16 at around 8pm. There wasn't even anyone at the cashier to welcome customers.
2. The floor and some of the chairs were sticky.
3. The snow crab legs was good, sashimi was slightly above average, but the rest were substandard. A lot of the food on display were not fresh anymore due to the lack of crowd. The 100g of complimentary king crab leg was completely inedible, it was overcooked, dry and stale.
4. We ate primarily the snow crab legs and the shells accumulated on our table. There wasn't anymore space on the table so we asked the waitress (we'll call her ABC) if she could clear it for us. She told us she'll clear everything later. Her response was ridiculous so we asked if we could sit at the adjacent table in the mean time as the restaurant was almost empty. She said "no". We did it anyway as we got the sensing that she was just lazy to clear the tables.
5. We ordered some grilled dishes but they took quite some time to come. The grilled scallop and prawn eventually came but we had already moved on to desserts by then and decided not to eat the food. When the same waitress ABC finally came to clear our table, she took the dishes to the receptacle behind and started eating the scallops and prawns. In plain view during services hours she was munching away on leftovers. That is extremely unprofessional and disgusting.
The snow crab legs was the restaurant's only saving grace. Wouldn't recommend this place anyone at this rate.
All that was worth it in this buffet was the crab legs, the grilled prawn and scallop and the ice cream. Thats all. Variety wise, was limited. Place was very noisy. The display of the sushi was pretty bad too, making the sushi look stale and unappetizing. Dont even try the fried food. It may have been ok to try on a weekday but on a weekend night at ~50 person, its not worth it at all.