Reviews for Momiji Japanese Buffet Restaurant (City Square)

2.7

AsianJapanese

YUMMY

love this place, great food and service! MUST TRY AND ITS SO GOOD WITH HAAGEN DAAZ ICE CREAM AND NOW THEY HAVE WAFFLES TOO. Great place to hangout. best outlet in north point and must try the restaurant there:)
• 24 Apr 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

YUMMY

• 22 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Biggest disappointment in 2015

Overall
Poor seating layout, poor variety of food, poor quality of food and terribly poor service.

Examples. I arrived at 645 placed my clips for the teppanyaki. At 8pm my clips are still in the queue virtually unmoved. Best joke of all, I chose the dish with the least clips to shorten the wait time. Replenishment of the Japanese sashimi was alarmingly slow. Thanks to the kiasu eaters in the restaurant, each item placed onto the shelf was quickly snatched up.  This means I hardly had a chance to get the item of my choice. Maybe I am just to civiliized.  The table next to me was just served their teppanyaki. If I am not mistaken they were here way in advance of me. By the way, their supposed fish looked like it was suffering from malnutrition according to my wife.

To be fair the waffle wad decent, that is if u can be bothered to brave 20 minutes of tussling with hordes of hungry fellas.

Massive disappointment considering we paid 90 plus for two pax including tax. Betcha I can get better value elsewhere.

In case u r wondering,  I am indeed writing this scathing review at the dinner table.

Of before I forget, the lady next table had her shabu spilt on her. The flame was alight under her shoes but she did not realise. Don't seem to recall hearing an apology.

That's all folks.
• 29 Mar 2015 • 2 reviews • 1 follower

Don't waste time on crappy food

Overall
Imagine paying nearly $40 per person for a dinner that leaves you wondering why....

The quality of the food was terrible. Powdery prawns,  tasteless chawanmushi, soggy shishamo fish, and the list goes on.

The highlight of the meal was the waffle which we made ourselves and the ice cream which was Häagen-Dazs.

Don't waste your time or your money eating here. You'll leave very disappointed.