Back to Moo Bar & Grill#01-03/06, The Clift, 21 McCallum Street

Cheap Eat/Budget3 votes

cedric lee
 • 20 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I was working for almost half a year now here at Stanley Street and I have always been curious about MOO Bar & GRILL 1 for 1 PROMOION so I made a reservation for two to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday.I must say the place is quite unique combination of bar & dining. My girlfriend ordered the Japanese Inspired Cod fish as for me I've ordered the Grass Fed FiLet Mignon, both dishes are deliciously amazing. The sweet potato goes well with the steak plus the au jus sauce was really nice. We have enjoyed their food as well as their service, can't wait to try out the other dishes. Thank You Moo Bar & Grill!! I would definitely recommend this to my friends.

Kenshi Himura
 • 10 May 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Working within CBD area especially in McCallum Street, Amoy Street or Telok Ayer Street, one can never miss the prominent Moo Bar & Grill!
My first time trying what this bar & restaurant has to offer. It was meant to be as they've just launched a new Aus-Asian Menu bout 5days ago.
I've saw reviews of their ever popular volcano moo wings, beer can chicken & steak cuts but new dishes in the new menu gave me a mouth-watering feeling that i just wanna try everything!!
Tapas section includes the Ferrari Frog Legs, Haloumi Shiitake, mackerels, virgin mary octopus. A platter of 3 only cost u SGD33! Amazing! And so me n my buddies ordered The Frog Legs, shiitake & their virgin mary octopus as a start. Frog Legs that i tried makes me forget bout chicken! it was so delicious!! The haloumi shiitake & octopus is yummylicious too! Goes well with our pairing of a bucket of Hoegaarden Beer (6bottles).
We were also highlighted that the main course are all buy 1 get 1 free!! This must be my lucky day!
So the 4 of us shared 4 main course recommended by the staff on duty.
1st main japanese inspired codfish. Kombu crust cod served with spinach & roasted potatoes. Very nicely done i must say!
2nd was the grass fed filet mignon served on a hotplate! sizzling & tender steak i've ever tried! Sweet potato mash made day!
3rd main we ordered the Mac & Cheese. Thumbs up to their cooking crew as it wasn't just an ordinary mac & cheese we've all had anywhere. Baked macaroni with chinese sausage with oozing melted cheese!
The last main we ordered was their red curry seafood pasta. Definitely a recommended dish if u wanna have a taste of curry pasta.
We ordered only 1 out  of their 4 mouthwatering desserts as we were too full then. The Gula melaka pancakes was 'gobbled' down by my buddy(sweet-tooth).
Overall we enjoyed our time there for dinner & drinks also catching up with old buddies. I'll definitely come back here to try the rest of the menu that i didnt had chance to. Job well done to Moo Bar & Grill & its staffs for a great menu & service!! I'll see u guys again!

Must tries: Filet Mignon, Red Curry Seafood Pasta, Codfish, Mac & Cheese, Hoegaarden

After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch

Scarlette Yu
 • 29 Mar 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I've heard so much about this Moo Bar & Grill having their great 1 for 1 deal until last Thursday my bf and I decided to celebrate and had our Anniversary dinner there. The place is very cozy and nice to hangout and chill. they got hip and happening music! The friendly staff recommend us to try the steak which according to her is their specialty. No wonder why the name of the restaurant is Moo! means cow means steak!!! How cool was that? :) Then we gave it a try .Grain Fed NZ Tenderloin for my bf and  Pan roasted Tasmanian Salmon for myself since im not into steaks ordering different type of food also is a good thing so you can try different course. Surprisingly, all of their mains comes with a choice of free salad or soup for starter. Steak was really good! fresh, tasty and juicy matched with a garlic parsely butter!! same as with my Salmon with  with the hollandaise sauce so'fish'ticated meal yet in with your budget! A definitely must try and GO!! It was all well worth it!!! :)