Reviews for Mookata

AsianChineseIndochineseSteamboatThai
SyLvIa916

nothing to rave about but worth a try...

1st visit to mookata, i think its somehow similar to koran bbq... the meats are marinated so it taste quite good... chose the chicken soup as im afraid the tom yum might be too spicy for me... the thai ice tea is quite nice... overall i think its worth a try but nothing much to rave about...
25 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Visit to mookata 25 dec 2014

Today my family decided to have our Christmas lunch at mookata, opposite 112 Katong.

it was our first visit. I asked the older waiter to recommend. He said just see the menu, it is all written.  Then walked away.  there were 2 tables full, and he was "free".  the fact that he did NOTHING.

i was put off.  A slimmer n taller guy came along, he is more professional.

We spent $200 but still not filling.  A platter of meat costs 70plus, then the clams and fish were not fresh - the clams remained closed after we cooked.  The guy suggested he brings to kitchen to cook. Then brought back smelly ones.

the soup did not boil even after we finished eating.

Ambience: The air was stale.

Toilet: dusty, dirty, although seemed clean.

ultimately, if it is pricey but service is good, I wouldn't be an unhappy customer.

02 Nov 2014 • 46 reviews • 6 followers

nothing to rave about but worth a try...

18 Mar 2014 • 22 reviews • 0 follower

Taste normal but nice sauce

Mookata is Thai style BBQ, it is ala-carte not buffet style. We have order 4 person set meal has included chicken & pork meats, pork liver, prawn, squid, fish ball and etc. All chicken & pork meats was cut into small piece and disorder shape, it make difficult for us to roast the meat.

We use 2 piece of pork oil smear on surface of copper pot and then roasted our meal on top. The meat taste just average, it's nothing special. It might be meat sauce has been leak out into the pot water, cause the copper pot is made in curve surface. It also make soup taste oily. The shop has provided a special sauce, it is fresh and sweet, it advance the meat taste and reduce oily feeling.

The environment most like hawker center, but has oily smell around the restaurant. The staff service is not bad, the staff is humorous and quick service. You have wait typically in dinner hour, it is always has a queue for this restaurant.

Please visit my food blog SGMY
The management of Mookata responded to this review:
10 Sep 2014
Dear Websterlkc,

Based on the photos and items in the set that you posted, I belived you may have posted the review on the wrong mookata page. Mookata at katong does not use gas/copper stove for our outlet and also the items listed out in the set does not match those on our menu as well. Mookata is a very generic term for the very popular thai style steamboat/barbecue thus you may have mistaken us for another mookata who is not affliated to us. Currently, we only have one outlet at 103 East Coast Road. S (428797)
Thank you.