Summary

Value3
chili sauces, Fresh Prawns, Specially made Thai Chilli Sauce, Cheese Toufu, Shabu Shabu Beef, fish fillet, otah, pork belly, tom yum chicken, tom yum pork View all
Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Boys Night Out, Children/Family, BBQ, Girls Night Out, Supper View all

Best mookata in SG

Having tried many, MANY of the mookatas in SG, I always tend to come back to this one, at this outlet. Their owner is a thai, if I'm not wrong, which explains why their chilli and meat marinade tastes so similar to the mookata we had in Bangkok. Except maybe cleaner. Hah! My favourite is their tomyum chicken and pork. Will be back again and again and again and again.

Most helpful reviews for Mookata (Katong)

improved ventillation

I've been here a number of times. it's a fun place to go in a group of 4 or 8. When they first opened, the ventillation was terrible, but it seems they have improved it now. I recommend the sets, they are quite generous portions and can feed more people than they state.

Mookata

First time trying! Many ingredients for us to choose from and worth the price. 2 of us spend less than $50! Overall was good!

Visit to mookata 25 dec 2014

Today my family decided to have our Christmas lunch at mookata, opposite 112 Katong.

it was our first visit. I asked the older waiter to recommend. He said just see the menu, it is all written.  Then walked away.  there were 2 tables full, and he was "free".  the fact that he did NOTHING.

i was put off.  A slimmer n taller guy came along, he is more professional.

We spent $200 but still not filling.  A platter of meat costs 70plus, then the clams and fish were not fresh - the clams remained closed after we cooked.  The guy suggested he brings to kitchen to cook. Then brought back smelly ones.

the soup did not boil even after we finished eating.

Ambience: The air was stale.

Toilet: dusty, dirty, although seemed clean.

ultimately, if it is pricey but service is good, I wouldn't be an unhappy customer.

nothing to rave about but worth a try...

1st visit to mookata, i think its somehow similar to koran bbq... the meats are marinated so it taste quite good... chose the chicken soup as im afraid the tom yum might be too spicy for me... the thai ice tea is quite nice... overall i think its worth a try but nothing much to rave about...