Back to NoodleStar233 Victoria Street

msrollseyes
 • 12 Jan 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The Pan-Fried Pork and Vegetable Bun would have been more aptly named as lightly-pan-fried little-pork and less-vegetable mushy-bun. Nuff said.

The La Mian with Braised Beef was decent with a reasonable amount of noodles served along with five slices of tender beef. However, the texture of the noodle felt as if it came from a packet and needed more la in the mian. The soup also lacked body and tasted more like salted beef flavoured water.

The Dumpling with Hot and Sour Sauce was a surprising step up from the previous two dishes. Dumplings were of decent size and commensurately stuffed. The hot and sour sauce flavoured by fried pork lard & fermented bean sauce was non-spicy and had a tinge of sourness which complemented the dumplings well.

Visit http://dayre.me/msrollseyes/kZ1rImo5Iq for a full review.

Must tries: Dumpling with Hot & Sour Sauce

After Work, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, Dinner, Lunch

reinwasser
 • 05 Apr 2013 10 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We tried Ginseng Chicken Ramen, nice noodle with well-prepared chicken soup, highly recommended. The golden fried beancurd is okay but way too overpriced.

Must tries: Ginseng Chicken Ramen

After Work

wenfang
 • 07 Feb 2013 22 reviews 0 follower
Overall
My third visit to this restaurant. What attracted me was the airconditioned dining place along the stuffy and warm streets of Bugis Street. And they were having lunch time promotion at that time, why not?

First dining experience was good. Food was superb, and with the promotion, the lunch was really affordable and worth it. Love it so much that I brought my family down for afew meals.

However, was greatly disappointed on my last visit there. The food standard dropped alot, I left half my bowl of La Mian untouched. The only thing which I still find myself is the steamed dumplings.

Worth a visit. But I probably will not be ain a hurry to come around again.

Read more here: http://livelifelovefood.blogspot.sg/2013/02/noodlestar.html