Reviews for NoodleStar (丰面人物)

3.2

AsianChineseShanghainese
Address: 233 Victoria Street, 188026
03 Oct 2015

Steamed emperor chicken

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2014/08/17/noodlestar-bugis-village/

Started with a braised shark’s fin soup with crab meat and bamboo shoots which totally spiced up my appetite!

Fried prawns with asparagus came next and I loved chewing on the asparagus.

Then came the noodlestar signature fried rice where the rice was a little bit hard to me.

Steamed emperor chicken was rich in herbs taste and the chicken was cooked till very smooth.

Desserts were last and had this lime taste which was very refreshing.

$39.80++ for 2 pax in total. Quite alright to me.

More reviews of NoodleStar

Overall

Worst Chinese food in Singapore!

Dont waste money, Poor food quality and taste... On top of it they have mannerless staff. "Leni" was the person who served, and she was not only rude but also was making sarcastic comments. When i asked for feedback form, i was handed over with just a piece of paper to share feedback (which can be trashed later). I just paid in full and left the place without even finishing the food.
My suggestion, dont waste money there...
Overall

Hits & misses in this restaurant

The Pan-Fried Pork and Vegetable Bun would have been more aptly named as lightly-pan-fried little-pork and less-vegetable mushy-bun. Nuff said.

The La Mian with Braised Beef was decent with a reasonable amount of noodles served along with five slices of tender beef. However, the texture of the noodle felt as if it came from a packet and needed more la in the mian. The soup also lacked body and tasted more like salted beef flavoured water.

The Dumpling with Hot and Sour Sauce was a surprising step up from the previous two dishes. Dumplings were of decent size and commensurately stuffed. The hot and sour sauce flavoured by fried pork lard & fermented bean sauce was non-spicy and had a tinge of sourness which complemented the dumplings well.

Visit http://dayre.me/msrollseyes/kZ1rImo5Iq for a full review.

Nice noodle!

We tried Ginseng Chicken Ramen, nice noodle with well-prepared chicken soup, highly recommended. The golden fried beancurd is okay but way too overpriced.

Noodlestar

My third visit to this restaurant. What attracted me was the airconditioned dining place along the stuffy and warm streets of Bugis Street. And they were having lunch time promotion at that time, why not?

First dining experience was good. Food was superb, and with the promotion, the lunch was really affordable and worth it. Love it so much that I brought my family down for afew meals.

However, was greatly disappointed on my last visit there. The food standard dropped alot, I left half my bowl of La Mian untouched. The only thing which I still find myself is the steamed dumplings.

Worth a visit. But I probably will not be ain a hurry to come around again.

Read more here: http://livelifelovefood.blogspot.sg/2013/02/noodlestar.html