Pioneer Spring Restaurant has closed.

Reviews for (Closed) Pioneer Spring Restaurant

3.4

AsianBeerChineseSeafoodWine

Great International Seafood Buffet

We went there for buffet dinner recently. Wow, we were pleasantly surprised they have a good spread of in'tl seafood! I luv their snow crab legs and oysters. my girlfriends love the chilli crabs and laksa local fare, sashimi, teppanyaki ..... price cheap too, compared to the others we went to. they also got stuffs like chicken wings, roast chicken & duck, satay, ice-cream, pastries, dim sum etc good spread for old and young. i am gonna bring my family there next week, the old and young ones sure wud luv these! I noticed they got quite crowded leh, better call and make booking first before heading down. jo.

More reviews of Pioneer Spring Restaurant

Overall

Terrible experience! Will NEVER patronize again, ever!

My two friends and I were standing outside the restaurant deciding if we should give this restaurant a try.  We asked the welcoming staff if there were any on-going promotion.  Her answer was yes, 10% discount if we spend above $50.  This answer helped us make up our minds and we went in.

I must say the dim sum was good, above average, although the prices were a little on the high side.

When the bill came, there was no 10% discount despite spending over $50.  We asked for the welcoming staff to explain.  She told us that spending above $50 will get us a $5 voucher redeemable on our NEXT visit with minimum spending of $50.  This was not even close to what she told us before we went into the restaurant.  We tried to clarify what we heard from her earlier and she retorted loudly back at us that we cannot expect her to explain everything in detail to every customer that walks in.  She went on to say that we should have known that vouchers are meant for next visit use only.  The fact is, we weren't even told about any vouchers.

Seeing that no good will come from this confrontation, we paid the full bill and left the restaurant with the most bitter of taste in our mouths.  This is my last time I will step into this deceiving restaurant.  No amount of good food is worth to endure the feeling of being cheated.

Terrible food.

The oysters were unappetizing, as were the sorry looking sashimi. Prawns were far from fresh, yakitori was poorly made. Laksa gravy was watery and almost clear in colour. The dimsum was not too bad, but not worth a mention. The small desert counter consists of cakes which were artificial tasting. At $47 per person, it's surprising to see half of the restaurant full on a Friday night.
Overall

International Seafood buffet is now available-1 free for every 3 Dine-in until 30 September 2012

Over 100 exotic dishes for you to choose from!

Dine admist a 5 star ambience but affordable prices. Ideal venue accompanied with delicious & mouth-watering dishes such as Signature Crabs, Fresh Oysters, Snow Crab Legs, Slipper Lobsters, Sashimi, Tempura, Teppanyaki & Sushi, Grilled Unagi, Roast BEef, Lamb Chop, Steak & more...

Nice Seafood Restaurant in Jurong Point

went there recently with my overseas relatives for dinner. they've great seafood! my uncle & his family loved their assam fish and orange prawns. they say they gonna ask me bring them back there again on their next visit sometime in September. Oh btw, I and my mom also loved their teochew o ni. it tastes yummy and differnt from what i ate elsewhere.