Back to (Closed) Pioneer Spring Restaurant#B1-45/46, Jurong Point 2...

Damien Y. Lee
 • 16 Mar 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
My two friends and I were standing outside the restaurant deciding if we should give this restaurant a try.  We asked the welcoming staff if there were any on-going promotion.  Her answer was yes, 10% discount if we spend above $50.  This answer helped us make up our minds and we went in.

I must say the dim sum was good, above average, although the prices were a little on the high side.

When the bill came, there was no 10% discount despite spending over $50.  We asked for the welcoming staff to explain.  She told us that spending above $50 will get us a $5 voucher redeemable on our NEXT visit with minimum spending of $50.  This was not even close to what she told us before we went into the restaurant.  We tried to clarify what we heard from her earlier and she retorted loudly back at us that we cannot expect her to explain everything in detail to every customer that walks in.  She went on to say that we should have known that vouchers are meant for next visit use only.  The fact is, we weren't even told about any vouchers.

Seeing that no good will come from this confrontation, we paid the full bill and left the restaurant with the most bitter of taste in our mouths.  This is my last time I will step into this deceiving restaurant.  No amount of good food is worth to endure the feeling of being cheated.

bobthebuilder01
 • 18 Jan 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The oysters were unappetizing, as were the sorry looking sashimi. Prawns were far from fresh, yakitori was poorly made.

Laksa gravy was watery and almost clear in colour.

The dimsum was not too bad, but not worth a mention.
The small desert counter consists of cakes which were artificial tasting.

At $47 per person, it's surprising to see half of the restaurant full on a Friday night.

a j
 • 21 Sep 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We went there for buffet dinner recently. Wow, we were pleasantly surprised they have a good spread of in'tl seafood! I luv their snow crab legs and oysters. my girlfriends love the chilli crabs and laksa local fare, sashimi, teppanyaki ..... price cheap too, compared to the others we went to. they also got stuffs like chicken wings, roast chicken & duck, satay, ice-cream, pastries, dim sum etc good spread for old and young. i am gonna bring my family there next week, the old and young ones sure wud luv these! I noticed they got quite crowded leh, better call and make booking first before heading down. jo.

Buffet, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Business Dining, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet, Wheelchair Friendly, Wine Lists, Live Band