Review for Praelum Wine Bistro

AsianBeerEuropeanFrenchIndochineseWesternWine
Address: 4 Duxton Hill, 089590

31 Jul 2014
Overall

Great place to wine and dine

My friend and I just had dinner here tonight for the first time, and we loved the place! The food and wine were amazing - definitely value for money. Ambience was great as well..not too noisy so you can actually have a nice conversation over dinner. The wine tasting "vending machine" was a great concept especially when you're not sure what you'd like to have. It reminded me of wine tasting at vineyard cellar doors. For food, we had the "pizza" with tomato and basil, canadian ribs (very tender...meat came off the bones so easily when you cut it!) and salmon pastry - all very good! Gerald and his team provided superb service with a personal touch which made the place pretty special as not many good restaurants provide such service these days. Very glad to have discovered this place and will definitely be back!
Canadian baby back ribs

More reviews of Praelum Wine Bistro

Great dining experience

Make a reservation for dinner at Praelum Wine Bristol for my anniversary dinner.Got a text from the GM asking me if there is any special predefence on our foods. Nice thoughts.
 The wine list is fabulous and food is great. The lobster bisque, Angus steak ,pan-seared scallops ,escargots coupled with a white and red wine. We finished off with a key lime pie which is refreshing.
 Staff are attentative and services is great.

Will definitely revisit them again soon.

Praelum Wine Bistro offers fantastic value

I just came back from a wonderful experience at Praelum Wine Bistro. The complimentary bread, mains and side dishes were of a suitably high quality. The fries, mashed potatoes, SALMON and ribs were really tasty and with the entertainer app, the meal only came up to about S$15 each, including GST and service charge. This left spare change in the wallet to get alcohol. I don't usually write reviews, but I felt like Praelum really deserved one.
Overall

Fantastic service, to-die-for wine list and exquisite food - there's a lot to like at Praelum!

Our party of four enjoyed a wonderful meal at Praelum - despite booking last minute, changing the booking and then running 45 mins late, non of this phased host, Gerald, who patiently and professionally dealt with us throwing spanners in the works. When we finally arrived, the friendly and exceptional service continued throughout the evening, the food was faultless, and the wine list extensive (with loads available by the glass, a pleasant change!). Praelum is a definite new addition to our list of regular haunts in Singapore!
Overall

Very intimate setting & impeccable service

Came here for Restaurant Week 2015 -- One heck of a taste explosion.

I keep saying this, but I was never a ribs person until Texas changed me. Now I understand that the really good ribs simply fall off the bone & fortunately I now know how to appreciate those! This was exactly that; a slow cooked for 3 hours kind of heaven.

Seafood casserole, I may be biased, but I love anything seafood. A good mix of different kinds, a great proportion of everything harmoniously coming together with perfectly cooked potatoes & cheese.

& the Crème brûlée was simply one of THE best I've ever had in my life.

Another plus point about this place - impeccable service & polite waitstaff (including the owner himself) who are so attentive to every detail really made this dining experience very pleasant. I've never experienced such stellar service in any dining establishment in Singapore, not even the "higher end"/fancy-schmancy poshnosh kind of places. & yes, I just had to let them know I had a very enjoyable time.

Disappointing experience

My partner and I tried Praelum as the place we wanted to go to was full and we didn't want to wait for a table.

This turned out to be a poor decision: unremarkable food & wine and quite pretentious.

There are much better options in the area for this price point...
Management response from Praelum Wine Bistro, published 13 Jan 2015
Hello HungryTummy! This is Gerald from Praelum and we are deeply disappointed to receive a bad review from you. We would like to improve and if you could share with us what and why was it not good and how our staff were pretentious, we would gladly make the necessary changes. After which, we hope you can give us another opportunity to make it up to you. Please contact us and share deeper details. My email is gerald@praelum.com.sg sincerely Gerald & Joel