Preparazzi Bar Gourmet has closed.

Summary

Food/Drink4
Ambience4
Service4
Misc cod, Foie Gras Bar Chor Mee, raspberry cupcake, Shrimp on cous cous, Teeny Tiny Dessert Platter, Truffle fries (better than everything with fries) sambal pork cheek, tiramisu, Banana Ice Cream Profiteroles with Gula Melaka Caramel, Pork Crackling View all
After Work, Lunch, Chillout, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, High Tea, Private Dining, Quiet, Brunch, Girls Night Out View all

Surprising dishes to die for

For a full review, please visit:

Starting off as one of the most sought after caterers of Singapore, Jeremy Nguee is the ultimate creativity and ingredients prodigy. Preparazzi was born after he was granted a year worth of rental having been designated as Pernod Ricard's Martell Challenge winner.

First time we stepped foot there, our nostrils were the first of our senses to be wooed in an instant. Wow the smell of freshly baked goods! And we're ertainly not referring to the heavy sugary smell of rather massively industrial bakeries, which usually turns our appetite off after two short minutes.

You get seated and let out a sigh of relief. Yes exactly, relief, as you find yourself in a place that breathes clarity and minimalism. Key combination, if you ask us.

We loved the surprising beverages menu, from light and very "South of France" cider for the ladies, to extremely interesting range of Asian beers for the gentlemen, or even a selection of wines which will blow the connoisseurs away. Also, the discovery that each dish represents amazed us: would you ever expect to bite into a cupcake and find yourself chewing on basil?

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Preparazzi Bar Gourmet

i'm your biggest fan, i'll follow you until you love me, prepa-preparazzi!

So I'm writing this just before my 3rd visit to Preparazzi tonight :)

The first time I went was with a group of girls for our birthday celebration and the second time round I brought a couple of friends to introduce the place to them.

Both visits to Preparazzi were magical!

To start off, the ambience is great! Owner, Jeremy Nguee, really made great use of the shop space along Boon Tat Street that he won from the Martell VSOP competition and turned it into a modern and cosy restaurant. Love the bar counter and its displays!

Must say that the 1-for-1 happy hour was brilliant! The drinks were really well created and I definitely enjoyed my beautifully designed cocktail (apologies I forgot what it's called, photo size is too big to post as well).

Moving on to the starters, the french fries in truffle salt and curry salt were just the right flavour and fresh out of the kitchen! Definitely a must try!

My girlfriends and I shared several starters and mains. For starters we had thePork Belly Confit, Truffle Mac and Cheese, Smoked Salmon Tataki and Beef Slider. The portions were just right for sharing. My favourites would have to be the Smoked Salmon Tataki and the Beef Slider :P

As for the mains, we had the Pan-Fried Salmon, Braised Beef Cheek and Lamb Shoulder. The latter two dishes are their signature dishes, but I have to say that the Pan-Fried Salmon was interestingly done, really delicious! Probably because I have never eaten Salmon Fillet cooked with spiced basmatic and spicy coconut cream before.

On my second visit, I tried the Roast Pork Crackling, another one of their signature dishes. The crackling was done just right, close to perfection, and was really tasty and crispy! Thoroughly satisfied!

Then comes dessert time! Always a separate stomach reserved for sweet goodness! The desserts here at Preparazzi are not to be missed no matter how full one is! I highly recommend the Banana Profiteroles and Kopi-misu (tiramisu done Preparazzi style)! It was so amazingly delicious it left me yearning for more even though I was stuffed to the brim.

Can't wait for the 3rd dinner visit tonight and I'm definitely returning to Preparazzi with more family and friends! Kudos to you, Jeremy! :) xx

(Apologies I can't upload photos as the photo size is too big! :/)

Amazing experience. Great ideas. Great food. Best service staff ever

Was out with my gf when I stumble upon this small simple looking restaurant. They look interesting with those cookies jars and jams they've displayed outside. And so I decided to look at the menu that was on the a high table outside their restaurant.    One of their service staff approached us and explained about the deals and set menu they have. So we decided we should try as the menu looks interesting. Especially the Bak Chor Mee. The nice and smiling service staff continued explaining about the food and set menu they have, pointing to a mirror which was well drawn saying Chefs special set menu. Nevertheless, we decided to stick to ala carte.    The aroma of baked cookies just makes me a little more hungrier and so we ordered. The service staff was very attentive and came right to us when we were about to raise our hands.    We ordered a TRUFFLE FRIES and SALMON OTAK OTAK as our starter. PORK CRACKLING and FOIE GRAS BAK CHOR MEE which was recommended by the service staff himself claiming it was their signature dishes. He repeated his order clearly and even ask if we want the starters first or everything to be out at once. He continued by recommending us wines that might go well with our food and so we agreed. That kind of service usually we got from a fine dining restaurant.    Food was out within minutes and I'm impressed how well it was done. Wine goes well with food. Food was amazing. Price was reasonable. Great service. What more could we ask for as a customer.    The service staff then recommended us a dessert which was the TEENY TINY which he claimed we won't regret ordering it as the BAKED SINGAPORE we ordered was unavailable after he checked with the Pastry staff. Indeed, he was right. It was amazing. Having a little of each dessert. It all ended up with a satisfying Burp!    The service staff offered to help us take a photo  before we left and wave us goodbye. He deserved most of the credit for my review.   Dining here at Preparazzi, makes me a happy makes us a happy couple that day.    Kudos to the team. And Mr Fiaus, I'm sorry if it was spelled wrongly. Thank you for such amazing service.    Good job Preparazzi.

great dessert place

Recommended by a friend to this little dessert place not far away from work. We sat down and had a hard time deciding what to get, before the handsome owner of the place, Jeremy came to entice us with this selection of marinated Fried Chicken that he raved about. Did sound awesome, but we settled for desserts.

I had a chocolate lava cake while my friend had the famed Banana Ice Cream Profiteroles with Gula Melaka Caramel. Both were awesome, what struck us most was the presentation. Simply like no other restaurants. Definitely must try!

Good job, preparazzi!

Pedestrian and average

See the photos at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com

Preparazzi's food is "mod Sin", i.e. modern Singaporean. This is really just cool-speak for fusion fare - an Asian twist on western classics. We found the main courses generally pedestrian, forgettable and average, but the cupcakes were really quite yummy. Service was great - friendly and warm, though not enough to save the lackluster dining experience. I don't think any of us will be back anytime soon.

We had:

1) Warm Duck Confit Salad ($12.90): it was huge! This definitely makes for a meal in itself. Romaine, cherry tomato, beetroot, cucumber, and carrots were laden with strips of duck breast and drizzled with a spiced curry honey mustard dressing. The duck had a hint of gameiness and even with the generous portion, I didn't think this was worth its pricetag. Fresh+ does much better greens with much more competitive price edges.

2) Miso Cod ($15.90): with calrose rice, honshimeiji, asparagus, stacked in a pool of ginger miso broth, is really just standard, run-of-the-mill, Asian "mui fan" with a western plating style. Alright but not memorably so

3) XO Crumb Salmon ($14.90): with avocado, potato mash, corn, tomato salsa, and grilled lemon, was uneven. Despite its enticing description, it was devoid of any XO taste, and the salmon was less than sparkling fresh

4) Spicy Prawn Spaghetti ($13.90): with sambal chilli, tomato sauce, garlic and white wine, looked and tasted like a Pastamania dish, which, by the way, isn't a compliment. At least Pastamania's prices are in line with the quality of their food. The spaghetti was overcooked and the sauce was generic

5) Truffle Fries ($9.90) were possibly the best dish of all that we had. Crisp, flavoursome and aromatic, these were snapped up in seconds.

6) Cupcakes ($4 each): really quite good, dense, moist and rich, even if they weren't super pretty. Remember to let the staff know, when ordering, if it's someone's birthday or celebrating any special occasion, you'll get a personalized complimentary dessert.

The management of (Closed) Preparazzi Bar Gourmet responded to this review:
26 Dec 2012
Hi Hungry Bunny! Thanks for coming by. You'll be pleased to note that we have a completely new menu from December. Do try our hawker inspired pasta series with items like Foie Gras Bak Chor Mee and Crab Cake Chili Crab Orrechiette. The dessert menu has also expanded - of course old favorites are still on the menu. We've got great responses from our customers on the new menu and hope you'll come and try it. Cheers and Blessed Christmas!