Back to Rocky MasterDelfi Orchard, 402 Orchard road

Serene Siew
 • 21 May 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I understand the food is produced in the Delfi Orchard kitchen. I ordered a tuna apple sandwich this morning and ate half without looking. It tasted slightly off. When I unwrapped the second, I saw that the bread was mouldy,

soyabeen
 • 30 Dec 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The atmosphere of this cafe has a serene and calmly effect on its patrons, offering airconditionedand open dining areas. The price is a bit above reasonable. The menu offers a wide range of cuisine and dishes. These includes Lo Han Chye, Margarita pizza and Padang curry chicken. The staff are friendly and approachable. Despite the notably slow service, all complains are lifted. I have tried the Margarita pizza, and in my opinion, probably the best I have tasted. It has the basic elements: Crust, tomato base and cheese layer. The crust is soft, the tomato is not too sour and the generous cheese layer was irrestibly delicious. As the pizza was served piping hot, the cheese was strechable. Overall, the cafe was above satisfactory.

ValueSearcher
 • 26 Dec 2012 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We were waiting for my eldest daughter to finish her music lessons @ Delfi, and hence decided to try Rocky Masters.  I had Creamy Mushroom spaghetti and Devil's Brew.  The spaghetti was pretty tasty though there was not much mushroom. I liked Devil's brew coffee as it was strong.
Then, when i needed to make a bottle of milk to feed my baby, i realised my hubby has forgotten to refill the hot water tumbler from home.  Hence, I approach the staff to ask for some hot water, and she replied that they do not give hot water for free but at $0.80!! As my baby was getting cranky, i did con of just paying $0.80.  However, on second thought i walked over to Starbucks next door.  Starbucks immediately gave me 40ml of hot water in my milk bottle with a smile!

I think that the policy of Rocky Masters to charge $0.80 for plain water (hot or tap water), is probably to encourage customers to order their drinks.  however, it just felt very cold and unfriendly when a customer is just asking for a little hot water to make milk for her crying baby...  i felt disgusted with the staff's reply and i've decided that i'll not visit Rocky Master at Delfi, even if i was hungry and it was the only restaurant left at Delfi Orchard.
Goodbye. You can keep your hot water and everything else.