Review for Saboten (Changi Airport Terminal 1)

3.7

AsianJapanese
Address: #03-21, View Mall Central, Terminal 1 Changi Airport, 819642
18 Feb 2014
Overall

Slightly pricey but very exquisite tonkatsu.

surprise find.. didn't expect a mass Japanese chain to have such exquisite tonkatsu! free flow of rice, cabbage and miso soup (with real pork bits to boot!) around $30/set.

More pics and details at http://www.eatprayflying.com/saboten-signature-changi-airport-terminal-1/

More reviews of Saboten

Overall

The food is nice but the service is soso.

The food is nice but the service is soso. I like their free flow of cabbage. If you are hungry you can make your own cabbage first as they will serve the cabbage first. It is very healthy and i like their specially made roasted sauce to mix with the cabbage. I like their fried food here as it is not that oily and if you are hungry there is free flow of rice, soup and cabbage.The service is a bit bad as it is very hard to get their attention just to order food and refill drinks. I will still come here and eat again as the food is nice.

One of the best Tonkatsu in SG

View the full menu with prices here at: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/18/saboten/

Saboten offers one of the best Tonkatsu's I have ever had in Singapore. Amazingly crispy on the outside, yet somehow tender on the inside. Very nicely done, and very consistent over the many visits I have made to the outlets. Always leaves me satisfied and craving for more. I highly recommend this place for a nice meal.

Terrible service

Was left hanging at the waiting line for quite some time even though the wait staff had seen us and there were plenty of seats available. Requested to have the seats by the glass panel facing the check in counter but was told by staff it was not possible. Feedback on their Facebook with no response. Avoid this outlet at all cost!

Overrated

Big lover of tonkatsu here but I am really surprise that this is voted the best in 2014. The meat is not juicy and tasteless. My favorite is still tonkichi in Ngee Ann City.

Miso soup is not rich as well.

Strongly recommend to try it and compare with this Saboten.
Overall

I am puzzled by all your good comments

Big lover of tonkatsu here but I am really surprise that this is voted the best in 2014. The meat is not juicy and tasteless. My favorite is still tonight in Ngee Ann City.

Strongly recommend to try it and compare with this Saboten.