Reviews for Salt Grill & Sky Bar

AustralianWestern

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Romantic Ambience with Charming Bird's-Eye View!

For full review and photos, please visit:

We were here during Restaurant Week Dinner on 21st March 2015 (Sat).

Overall Impression:
 Food quality for the main course was good. But I must say the food quality has dropped a little compared to my visit in 2014. Do try their signature dishes like Sydney Crab Omelette and Barramundi!   As they have 2 seatings, so we felt they seemed to be very rush throughout the whole dinner, every dish served one after another almost immediately - They served the bread, our 3 course with coffee everything within an hour, this make us feel we finished dinner early and can return the table to them earlier.  Despite this, the whole ambience was really romantic and great with charming bird's-eye view!
• 07 Apr 2015 • 116 reviews • 0 follower

Romantic Ambience with Charming Bird's-Eye View!

For full review and photos, please visit:

We were here during Restaurant Week Dinner on 21st March 2015 (Sat).

Overall Impression:
  • Sydney crab omelette, enoki mushroom &
herb salad, miso mustard broth
• 12 Mar 2015 • 137 reviews • 7 followers

I'd return for the view

Overall
For pictures and full review, pls visit:

Located on the 55th and 56th levels of the iconic Ion Orchard, Salt Grill and Sky Bar offers an unrivalled bird’s eye view of Singapore famed shopping belt. We visited during the evening and witnessed the skies turned from blue to dark. Dusk was a magical, post-card worthy sight!

Opened by Australian Chef, restaurateur and television presenter Luke Mangan, Salt Grill serves Mod Oz cuisine, where chefs embrace different cuisines which successively lead to fusion of new ingredients an and traditional techniques. Emphasis is placed on the produce, using only the best ingredients available, prepared in an un-fussed approach.

Upon seating, the friendly staff promptly brought as basket of bread, accompanied with olive oil and an appetizing dip of herbs, nuts and spices (I believe its dukkah).

Having read many positive comments on the “Glass” Sydney Crab Omelette, we were understandable eager to sample it. Don’t be fooled by its simple demeanour, this entree is pure awesomeness. The miso mustard broth beautifully complements succulent strips of crab, enveloped in fluffy omelette. The elegant starter was completed with enoki mushrooms and herb salad. Well played in the both the taste and texture departments!

W’s Cape Grim Striplion was the more outstanding main course ,bursting with juiciness and flavour. However, we had to minus points for the uneven cooking -some parts were too raw. The steak was paired with caramelized endive, eggplant, salsa verde and a selection of 4 different mustards, namely, wasabi, whole grain, peppercorn and Dijon.

We also ordered Truffle Oil and Parmesan Fries ($14) and Roast Garlic Mushroom ($15). The shoestring fries were mostly crispy, with some soggy pieces at the bottom; however the prominent truffle flavour made up for this flaw. The latter was acceptable, nothing to shout about.

The Raspberry Cheese Cake was definitely one of the better cheesecakes I’ve had in a while-rich, soft and luscious. The berries and raspberry offers a tongue-tingling contrast to the mildly sweet cake.

You can’t go wrong with the Banana Parfait, a delightfully creamy cold dessert with peanut brittle, chocolate mousse, nuts and salted caramel sauce.

Apart from the “Glass” Sydney Omelette, none of the other dishes made deep impression. I’d recommend this venue for its stunning views rather than the food.
• 22 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Australian food + scenic view = not bad

Overall
We went to Salt grill which is my first Australian dining experience in Singapore ever since living there over 4 years.

Took part on contest by a travel company called Jetabout Holidays and got my salt grill dining voucher. Wouldn't really go for fine-dining if not for the fact that I was aware of it. Still valid I think until this week or something when I saw their link http://jetabout.com.sg/gourmet_contest.php

Ordered the pork belly dish and truffle oil french fries as a side dish. They're quite fresh and I especially enjoy the soft chewy & crispy texture of pork with sauce. Quite authentic though I haven't tried the coffee. So it was worth the wait.

I may visit again on a special occasion.