Back to Salt Grill & Sky Bar#55-01 & 56-01, 2 Orchard Turn

Formal Events3 votes

Raymond1161
 • 09 Sep 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
My wife and I spent a wonderful 26th Anniversary dinner yesterday. Apart from the execellent ambience, the service level and quality of food were beyond expectation. We really enjoyed this special occasion with such a wonderful service rendered. Shall be back for more! Keep up the execellent work and credit must be accorded to the restaurant manager.

Ala Carte, Anniversary, Birthdays
  • Best drink...nice!
  • Great dinner!
  • Happy Anniversary!

thebreadface
 • 07 Sep 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Looked for new ideas to celebrate a birthday and I thought Salt would be something novel. Being on Level 55 of Ion, taking the elevator at a secluded area was kinda cool.

When the elevator opens, the Salt counter staff greets you, and shows you to your reserved window seat ( you may have to pay an extra $20 for that.. =_=).

We ordered 2 Afternoon Tea sets at $30++ each with tea and and extra dessert plate ($20+) with wordings & candle for my birthday partner. Our order took at least 15minutes to come and we were starving. Out of all the items on the 3-tiered serving, we liked the Ham & Turkey Croque Madam most. The rest were highly unmemorable.

Since we liked the Ham & Turkey Croque Madam, we tried to ask for another serving as well as another pot of tea. Being tam chiak & yao gui, we wanted the most value out of our trip. This is also because we had gone to The Landing Point before this and were highly impressed by them. The staff came back to say that each additional food item will cost $5 each at ala carte price! Obviously very giam, we chose not to go ahead, and were disappointed. It's High Tea! At least, give us more tea!

We will not be going back. Perhaps Salt is better known for its fine dining options instead of high tea. It has a good ambience, although somewhere around 4pm in September, the sun shines slanted in through the windows onto your face. They had blinds, but it wasn't rolled down until much later when we were about to leave. They were probably busy setting the tables for the fine dining dinner crowd.

After the food, we walked up to the Sky Lounge where you can get some amazing views of the Orchard area and where you can use a viewer to spy on the extremely rich who stay around Ion.

Hazelleo
 • 23 Jun 2014 69 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Salt Grill & Sky Bar by Luke Mangan is no strangers to most of us. Located at level 55 and 56 of ION Orchard provides an awesome panoramic view of the bustling city. All-day dining restaurant that is accessible from Sky Concierge Desk on level 4 followed by exclusive lifts that bring you up to the sky top.
Three-tier set of Afternoon Tea Platter S$30++ per person inclusive of a tea or coffee was served. The platter comes with assortment of pastries in beautiful setting.

Here are the lists according to the tier breakdown.
1st Tier : Raspberry macaron , Pate de fruits, Mini Orange Tarts.
The macaron sweetness isn’t overwhelmed and has a strong taste of blueberries and jam. The tarts are quite decent and the proportion was just fine for taste bud.
2nd Tier : Smoked Salmon, cucumber, chive, crème cheese on rye , Coronation chicken sandwich and Ham & turkey Croque Madame.
I enjoyed this tier of savoury delicacies as the filling was generous and filling. It’s quite an idea to compliment in between desserts serving.
3rd Tier: Chocolate delice, Almond & Cranberry Florentines and Chocolate & Jam Lamington.
I couldn’t miss the last tier as chocolate is my all time favourite. Loving the rich and sweetness taste of chocolate that flows into my mouth.
Scones are served as well and it is best to go with vanilla cream and jam.
The mini delicacies spread on the platter with a spectacular view and an affordable pricing would be ideal for an afternoon tea session with your loved ones or friends.

For more photos and reviews:

High Tea