Reviews for Salt Grill & Sky Bar

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Perfect location for special occasions

We had our lunch in this wonderful place 3days ago for my partner's birthday celebration. I've made a reservation a week ahead and one of the staffs (beth) who picked up my call helped me prepare as I've pre ordered a dessert for my partner with customized "happy birthday" words on the plate. We were greeted warmly when we reached the 4th floor reception, we took the lift that was quite dark and when we reached the main area we have to wait a little before someone could attend to us and usher us to our table. As I requested, I was given a window seat with such a perfect view. The food was awesome! We ordered glass Sydney crab omelette, tart of eggplant, barramundi and steak for our mains, ordered wines and latte that goes well with our main course and dessert. I really love this place however some of the service staffs were not so cheerful and no one had bid us goodbye. But overall this is the place you should go if you are looking for a good food with a beautiful ambience.
• 31 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Perfect location for special occasions

• Aaaah nice view!
• 27 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Intrusive staff, poor food for price

Overall
Having heard good things about the Salt Grill from friends, we decided to try it for out anniversary.  Unfortunately, the view was the only good thing about the place.

We were very unhappy with the service provided by the staff.  We felt that the staff were alway interrupting us at inappropriate moments while we were deep in conversation.  On one occasion, while we were only half-way through our main course, we were interrupted by one staff member asking if we wanted our plates cleared on a Sunday evening when the restaurant was still half empty!  This was only one of the many interruptions that we had to deal with.  While the staff may have been attempting to be attentive, however being interrupted every 5 minutes with pointless questions was too intrusive and spoiled our night.

The food wasn't very good either during our visit.  For a starter, I had the trout tapas, which came with pork crackling.  While the trout was nice, the pork crackling was anemic parody of crackling as it was simply an excercise in chewing, with no flavour whatsoever.  The main courses of duck and red snapper with thai salad were also disappointing.  The fish had little flavour and more than half of it was returned to the kitchen.  The duck wasn't much better.  The only dish that was enjoyable was the Pork croquette starter.

Overall, we felt the evening was ruined by poor service and poor food that was nowhere near value for money.

• 07 Apr 2015 • 128 reviews • 0 follower

Romantic Ambience with Charming Bird's-Eye View!

Overall
For full review and photos, please visit:

We were here during Restaurant Week Dinner on 21st March 2015 (Sat).

Overall Impression:
 Food quality for the main course was good. But I must say the food quality has dropped a little compared to my visit in 2014. Do try their signature dishes like Sydney Crab Omelette and Barramundi!   As they have 2 seatings, so we felt they seemed to be very rush throughout the whole dinner, every dish served one after another almost immediately - They served the bread, our 3 course with coffee everything within an hour, this make us feel we finished dinner early and can return the table to them earlier.  Despite this, the whole ambience was really romantic and great with charming bird's-eye view!
  • Sydney crab omelette, enoki mushroom &
herb salad, miso mustard broth