Review for Salted Caramel

DessertsSnacksWestern
Address: 246G Upper Thomson Road, 574370
24 Jun 2014
Overall

good ambience and good waffle

Nice place indeed. Pricing is reasonable and waffle is delicious. Except the ice cream is too huge serving for me but it's fine.! Recommend the flavour of salted caramel! Yummy! Matcha might be a little powdery and doesn't really suit my taste bud but it's ok!

More reviews of Salted Caramel

Wafflicious!

i had waffle with double scoop of ice cream when i was here,I had the double scoope of ice cream and waffles. I had the nutella and chocolate serbet flavour and it was AMAZING! they had complimentary plain water given there which could save a lot of costs since the drinks there were quite pricey.. The waffles was well done, it was crunchy on the crust and soft on the inside just like how i love my waffles to be! If u are at upper thomson and looking for dessert place do drop by here!!

Great waffles, small scoop

Salted caramel waffles are definitely one of my favourites, however the standard fluctuates here and there. On some days, the waffles are really good as usual but sometimes they overcooked it and it becomes a little hard.

Their ice cream flavours are indeed unique, and one of my latest favourite is the Speculoos ice cream. It is not too sweet but yet, you could really taste the Speculoos.

Their serbets are not too bad too, I usually order the raspberry one if I'm getting the serbet. I love the sour and fruity combination of their raspberry serbet.

However, one thing I really detest about Salted Caramel is definitely the size of their scoop. It is wayyy smaller than the size of a fist and somehow it feels like it is getting smaller and smaller as the years go by. Hope that they won't decrease the size anymore, it is really a turn off.

Ice Cream and Waffles

Salted Caramel offered the best selection of ice cream. I love waffles with ice cream so that was my pick. This time, I chose Waffle topped with Earl Grey Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Ice Cream, dripped with sweet and satisfying maple syrup. Sweet and salty ice creams gelling well together on top on a warm waffle, giving a perfect twist to satisfy a sweet tooth. Anyone with a sweettooth should head to salted caramel as they have a great selection of ice cream flavours that are to die for. One of my favourites!

Ice cream on waffles

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2015/07/11/salted-caramel-246f-upper-thomson-road/

Sometimes got queue. Slightly above average. Good chill out place. Ice creams are good on its own.
Overall

Salted Caramel: Artisan Ice Cream At Upper Thomson Road (Sin Ming)

Full Review at http://lepakwithyaops.com/salted-caramel-artisan-ice-cream-at-upper-thomson-road-sin-ming

Follow Lepak With Yaops on Instagram and Facebook

"Salted Caramel", what comes to your mind when these words come to mind? ICE CREAM! Since opening its doors in 2011, Salted Caramel Artisan Ice Cream has been drawing quite a crowd to their unpretentious parlor located along Upper Thomson Road. Why? Simply because of the large array of flavours and affordable pricing!

Single scoop ($3.6), Double ($6.4) and Triple ($9.2), pretty good deal isn't it? Each scoop was a little small, but not complaining either!

We all had one waffle ($4) each. I had Stout & Chocolate with Salted Caramel, Sha (@bodybuildingsingapore) had Salted Caramel while Yong Sheng (@decatan_sg) had Vanilla with Cookies & Cream.

Similar waffle pricing as Fatcat Cafe, but standard was two worlds apart. Well, it wasn't that bad, but simply not defined as "Good" in my dictionary.

Similarly, Ice Cream was a 6/10 if I were to grade them.

Overall, it was fun timing hanging out with the lads with the company of sweet treats! If Ice Cream isn't satisfying, you can pop by next door for some Prata and TehTarik at The Roti Prata House!