Reviews for Saveur (Bugis)

3.6

EuropeanFrenchWestern
chefquak

Excellent Food

See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2015/03/05/excellent-food-at-saveurs-purvis-on-1mar2015/ eldest daughter organised a 3pax family dinner at saver @ purvis on 1.3.2015. :-) we had very good family dinner recently at concetto (another saver restaurant) on 18.1.2015. & this place was just as fun. the next day i came with my godsis & a good friend’s daughter for the set lunch at S$22.90, & it was just as good. the set lunch menu here is more attractive than that at concetto, which really had very limited choice (they really should review that!). the restuarant had 2 adjacent dining area. this one was absolutely packed. we were not able to get sitting at the other side where the sitting was more spacious even though we booked beforehand. i booked the next day lunch, making sure i could get the other, but that turned out to be unnecessary as we were the only table. what a difference lunch & dinner! this saveur pasta was different from concetto pasta. that had crab bisque & ikura, this one minced pork sauce & sakura ebi & priced cheaper at $4.90 (vs S$6.90). i liked both (& was quite happy to take it again the next day). one reviewer said it tasted like bakchormee? it didn’t to me, but it was nice, very al dente & flavourful.^^ the belly pork was excellent, very tender, moist & still having the texture, excellent low temperature cooking. the crackling skin was not crackling like the chinese roast pork, but totally edible. love the lentils. the seabass was excellent too! this was really a very good pan seared seabass! liked the potatoes too. the duck confit was very good, just like that at concetto. the cookies & milk ice cream was good, but no wow factor for me, & it was more expensive. the pistachio panna cotta was lovely. my doughtier liked it very much. maybe i will try this at home.
05 Mar 2015 • 262 reviews • 1 follower

Excellent Food

Overall
  • belly pork, lentils, poached egg
28 Feb 2015 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

Okay if you are on a budget.

Overall
I just want to keep this short:

Service - bad. Probably needs more training.
Wait times - horrendous, even if you already had an appointment.
Food - wasn't even close to decent. But for the price it's okay.
Price - cheap for french food, but don't expect much.

Best for: Scaring away that date that you were match-made with!
27 Feb 2015 • 2001 reviews • 255 followers

a perennial fan favourite

Overall
Saveur made a dash in the market with its reasonable pricing and continues to do so. Having won the best French restaurant at the HungryGoWhere awards recently, it just shows how much these guys have grown having started from a small hawker stall.

At a recent lunch , I started with the Saveur Pasta ($4), which was a light olive oil angel hair pasta with small fried shrimp to add the flavour. At this price point it is always a good deal.

For my main course I went with one of their more premium items, the L'entrecote. I probably would not call it a l'entrecote as it does not come with the unique sauce. Rather, a ribeye done medium rare would be a more accurate name. A little chewy like most ribeyes but otherwise good. I liked the potato gratin that came with it - very creamy.

Speaking of cream, dessert was a creme brulee, well balance and not too heavy.

Overall, expect hearty French fare at reasonable prices in a casual dining environment.
  • Savur Pasta