Reviews for Saveur (Bugis)

3.6

EuropeanFrenchWestern
Hoongy !

a perennial fan favourite

Saveur made a dash in the market with its reasonable pricing and continues to do so. Having won the best French restaurant at the HungryGoWhere awards recently, it just shows how much these guys have grown having started from a small hawker stall.

At a recent lunch , I started with the Saveur Pasta ($4), which was a light olive oil angel hair pasta with small fried shrimp to add the flavour. At this price point it is always a good deal.

For my main course I went with one of their more premium items, the L'entrecote. I probably would not call it a l'entrecote as it does not come with the unique sauce. Rather, a ribeye done medium rare would be a more accurate name. A little chewy like most ribeyes but otherwise good. I liked the potato gratin that came with it - very creamy.

Speaking of cream, dessert was a creme brulee, well balance and not too heavy.

Overall, expect hearty French fare at reasonable prices in a casual dining environment.
28 Feb 2015 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

Okay if you are on a budget.

I just want to keep this short:

Service - bad. Probably needs more training.
Wait times - horrendous, even if you already had an appointment.
Food - wasn't even close to decent. But for the price it's okay.
Price - cheap for french food, but don't expect much.

Best for: Scaring away that date that you were match-made with!
27 Feb 2015 • 1971 reviews • 260 followers

• Savur Pasta
27 Feb 2015 • 1971 reviews • 260 followers

a perennial fan favourite

Saveur made a dash in the market with its reasonble pricing and continues to do so. Having won the best French restaurant at the HungryGoWhere awards recently, it just shows how much these guys have grown having started from a small hawker stall.

For my main course I went with one of their more premium items, the L'entrecote. I proabably would not call it a l'entrecote as it does not come with the unique sauce. Rather, a ribeye done medium rare would be a more accurate name. A little chewy like most ribeyes but otherwise good. I liked the potato gratin that came with it - very creamy.

• Savur Pasta