Reviews for Saveur (Bugis)

3.6

EuropeanFrenchWestern

Nice and value for money

Since discovering this place by chance last year, this place has become my favourite destination for western food. I love the pastas here and their duck confit is a must-try. Good place to dine among friends, cozy ambiance and acceptable service.
• 07 May 2015 • 105 reviews • 0 follower

Nice and value for money

• 16 Apr 2015 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

Wish I'd visited sooner!

Overall
Been meaning to come for ages, finally popped in for lunch today. Wow! Great value for money, the food is of a quality you'd pay double for elsewhere and the service is friendly and efficient. This is what Europe does well; simple, quality dishes, with prices kept low by smallish servings. I'll be back, soon!
• 05 Mar 2015 • 272 reviews • 1 follower

Excellent Food

Overall
See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2015/03/05/excellent-food-at-saveurs-purvis-on-1mar2015/ eldest daughter organised a 3pax family dinner at saver @ purvis on 1.3.2015. :-) we had very good family dinner recently at concetto (another saver restaurant) on 18.1.2015. & this place was just as fun. the next day i came with my godsis & a good friend’s daughter for the set lunch at S$22.90, & it was just as good. the set lunch menu here is more attractive than that at concetto, which really had very limited choice (they really should review that!). the restuarant had 2 adjacent dining area. this one was absolutely packed. we were not able to get sitting at the other side where the sitting was more spacious even though we booked beforehand. i booked the next day lunch, making sure i could get the other, but that turned out to be unnecessary as we were the only table. what a difference lunch & dinner! this saveur pasta was different from concetto pasta. that had crab bisque & ikura, this one minced pork sauce & sakura ebi & priced cheaper at $4.90 (vs S$6.90). i liked both (& was quite happy to take it again the next day). one reviewer said it tasted like bakchormee? it didn’t to me, but it was nice, very al dente & flavourful.^^ the belly pork was excellent, very tender, moist & still having the texture, excellent low temperature cooking. the crackling skin was not crackling like the chinese roast pork, but totally edible. love the lentils. the seabass was excellent too! this was really a very good pan seared seabass! liked the potatoes too. the duck confit was very good, just like that at concetto. the cookies & milk ice cream was good, but no wow factor for me, & it was more expensive. the pistachio panna cotta was lovely. my doughtier liked it very much. maybe i will try this at home.
Overall
  • belly pork, lentils, poached egg