Back to Skinny Pizza#03/31/32, Great World City, 1 Kim Seng Promenade

Princess J
 • 18 Sep 2012 376 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Heard good reviews about the pizzas here from friends and decided to check this joint out for ourselves.

As we had quite a few people feasting together, good thing is the ability to try a little of a few dishes.

1) Earl's Grey Pizza - not bad tasting. Taste nothing like the tea tho. Strange name association.

2) Squid Ink Panella - a pan full of blackish rice is not exactly nice looking but it tasted pretty darn good!!

In general, the other pizzas I tried (but forgot names) were all not bad. However, I'm still a sucker for thin crust pizza, not thin until like wafer biscuit, that's just not right. :P

Must tries: squid ink paella

Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, After Work, Chillout, Quiet

yummytummy
 • 19 Mar 2012 25 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Was there for dinner and the place was surprisingly not crowded for a weekend evening. Tried the truffle mushroom pizza the last time and was eager to try other offerings.

Ordered the Sweet Corn Crab soup and the Tomato soup together with the sweet potato nibblets. Was very surprised when I took the first sip of the corn soup and realised that they used Campbell soup as the base and with a few small morsels of crab meat! The tomato soup was far too tangy and together with the goat cheese floating inside, it was not a palatable start to our dinner. The nibblets were uninspiring with too much sugar sprinkled on it.

The pizzas used fresh produce and the crust was indeed crispy and crunchy to taste. We ordered the macadamia and roasted pumpkin pizza and the squid ink pizza that came loaded with vegetables. Not recommended for those who can't take an overdose of goat cheese that were really strong and overpowered the taste. Could be more generous with the macadamias and squid ink.

Overall it was a slightly above average meal, too bad about the starters. Wait staff was attentive and prompt, uncomfortable hard seats though.

Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Quiet

Christine Lee 690
 • 27 Feb 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Food here was pretty good the two times I tried it. The black paella was really delicious and chock full of seafood. The tiffin punch is always the highlight of the meal. It's really delicious and easy to down.

Did not like the hot dogs as there was too much bread for the skinny sausage enclosed within. The sausage was also not as tasty as the 1/2 metre long sausage. Not sure why but the hot dog sausage was quite gamey tasting even though both the hot dog sausage & 1/2 metre long sausage I tried were pork sausages. The 1/2 metre sausage was not gamey and tastier. Better off sticking to the pizzas or paella.

The service is quite good as the staff always try to make an effort although they seem understaff. Catching their attention is often difficult (not that they are ignoring me, they're just too busy running around serving). The only complain I have about the service was when I ordered my dessert of cake that came with vanilla ice-cream on the side. The bowl of ice-cream came (yes, I was surprised that on the side meant that it came in a separate bowl) but my cake did not accompany it. I waited for a few minutes and had to ask 2x for my cake, both times pointing out that the ice-cream was rapidly melting. By the time the warm cake arrived, more than half my ice-cream had melted which really defeated the point of serving that cake with ice-cream. It also put me off the dessert which I did not finish.

Apart from that one incident the staff were really friendly and the food (apart from hot dog) is good. Would go back there again, only probably order a dessert without ice-cream the next time!

Lunch, Children/Family, Quiet, People Watching