Review for Ssikkek Korean Grill BBQ Buffet (Oriental Plaza)

3.8

AsianKorean
Address: #01-01, Oriental Plaza, 291 New Bridge Road, 088756

Value for Money for Meat Lovers

We arrived there at 615pm on a Sunday evening. Did not have to wait long and we got our table. We had many choices of meat, chicken, pork belly, marinated beef bulgogi, pork slices as well as beef ribs. There were also generous sides of Korean veg pancake, and japchae (mixed vegetables) and free flow of kimchi and soup. We had the meats piled high like a mountain and grilled until the tray was almost black! Had a great time eating and the cuts of meat were well marinated and tender and very fresh. Though it was quite smokey inside, there was nothing that could not be fixed with a shower after dinner. Generous portions and the meat was filled up fast, as well as the side dishes. Wait staff also cleared our dirty plates very fast. We only took an hour for dinner, though we were informed that we had 2 hours to eat. As grilling the meat was a fast way to cook, we did not have to linger around that long after dinner was finished.

More reviews of Ssikkek Korean Grill BBQ Buffet

Korean BBQ!

Had a weekend lunch gathering with colleagues
Had been here several times with my friends too
Quite a wide variety of food covering from cooked to non-cooked food.
Cooked dishes include fries, chicken wings, potato salad, etc.
Non-cooked dishes include marinated chicken/pork, seafood, vegetables, etc.
Even the drinks cover a wide variety like coke, sprite, lime juice, etc.
Unlike other bbq joints, the waitress/waiter frequently change the grill to ensure that there won’t be any burnt patch.

The place is big enough to host several big groups.
The ambience is quite good as there is kpop music being played in the background and televisions around showing the music videos of various Korean artists.

Personally, I find the pricing was quite worth it as I usually stay for around 1.5 hours eating food non-stop.

Recommended for get together session while getting stuffed with food.

Not too bad for a BBQ

Ssikkek BBQ; located at Oriental Plaza is one of my most visit Korean BBQ restaurant so far. The main reason for my return is because I find the food here are all decently good! But if you are talking about the ambience and service, I would say it is just border line. But to be honest, no one would care so much about the ambience when you stink anyway after the meal. Usually, I would prefer to dine in during their lunch buffet – the crowd is lesser and I have enough time to digest the food for the rest of the day.
Overall

Recommended, but not for the service n ambience

Food is pretty all right, rather I would say it's good. But I was disappointed with the service part, dk whether bcus there was too many ppl, the staffs didnt clear my plates when we reminded her few times, and gave us the "face".

Maybe you want to visit the place during "not so busy hour"

Overall

Do not call for reservation.

I honestly felt you guys can do better. The food is really good and I like it a lot. But if u guys want to go. They are too popular as of current. You called in for reservation. They merely say "you can walk in you can walk in huh" and put down the phone. Before I can response. Please be more polite and just let your customer know you do not take in reservation. That's it. You can also put in your site that u do not take in reservation. Or u can no need to provide a reservation line. All your outlets have the common problem.