Ssikkek Korean Grill BBQ Buffet (Oriental Plaza)

Summary

Service3
bulgogi burrito, samgyupsal, pancake, bugolgi, bulgogi View all
Buffet, Dinner, After Work, BBQ, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, Lunch, Business Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Value for Money for Meat Lovers

We arrived there at 615pm on a Sunday evening. Did not have to wait long and we got our table. We had many choices of meat, chicken, pork belly, marinated beef bulgogi, pork slices as well as beef ribs. There were also generous sides of Korean veg pancake, and japchae (mixed vegetables) and free flow of kimchi and soup. We had the meats piled high like a mountain and grilled until the tray was almost black! Had a great time eating and the cuts of meat were well marinated and tender and very fresh. Though it was quite smokey inside, there was nothing that could not be fixed with a shower after dinner. Generous portions and the meat was filled up fast, as well as the side dishes. Wait staff also cleared our dirty plates very fast. We only took an hour for dinner, though we were informed that we had 2 hours to eat. As grilling the meat was a fast way to cook, we did not have to linger around that long after dinner was finished.

Most helpful reviews for Ssikkek Korean Grill BBQ Buffet (Oriental Plaza)

Recommended, but not for the service n ambience

Food is pretty all right, rather I would say it's good. But I was disappointed with the service part, dk whether bcus there was too many ppl, the staffs didnt clear my plates when we reminded her few times, and gave us the "face".

Maybe you want to visit the place during "not so busy hour"

bullshit buffet and nonsense menu

ssikkek bbq buffet is a lousy restaurant.. the menu selection has less than 20dish and mostly are meat and nothing else.. there are also less than 5 ready cooked dishes.. best part.. ice cream still have to pay!!! i wonder how it get a ratings of 95pt?? definitely a con job.. will tell my friends and associates to avoid this restaurant at all cost!

Excellent place for Korean BBQ!

Visited the restuarent with 2 other friends for a Saturday evening dinner. Restaurant is pretty spacious with room to move around. We were seated at a table for four and it's spacious.

The BBQ grill was sunked into the table which is good because oil won't splatter all over the place.(Noticed there are other type of grills there so it depends on where they seat you and your party.)

There are 10 variety of meats to choose from and thery are all quite fresh and cut in generous propotions. The rib eye steak was particually good.

Other then the usual meat, vegetables and Kimchi, they also have a few cooked side dishes which you can try. The best thing is they change the variety of the side dishes so you can taste different type of cooked Korean dishes such as rice cakes and pancakes etc.

There is free flow of drinks, mainly coke, sprite, ice lemon tea and korean ice green tea.

The waiter and waitresses also will change the grill once it's become black, and also clear used plates so the service is pretty good.

There are also giant flat screen Tvs to play popular Kpop MTVS.

Overall experience is very good. Definitely recommend my friends and others to go!

Things to note:

1) There seem to be no reservations for dinner though they will take down your phone number and call you if there is space available at the time you gave them gor dinner. And they actually called which is good.

2)There is a time limit of 2hrs, so make sure your party is full before heading into the restaurent. The manager will also advice you to wait unless your friend will arrive within 10 to 15 mins.

3)Try to got around 5.30pm to 6pm if you have a large group to secure a place.

4)For those driving, you can either park at Oriental Building carpark itself or the HDB carpark at Keong Saik Road. (Note that both carparks are only accessable through Keong Saik road)

5)Bring wet tissues as the restaurent does not have the overhead smoke suction device seen in other Korean BBQ joints. Though because of the spacious interior, the BBQ smell is minimal.

Korean BBQ!

Had a weekend lunch gathering with colleagues
Had been here several times with my friends too
Quite a wide variety of food covering from cooked to non-cooked food.
Cooked dishes include fries, chicken wings, potato salad, etc.
Non-cooked dishes include marinated chicken/pork, seafood, vegetables, etc.
Even the drinks cover a wide variety like coke, sprite, lime juice, etc.
Unlike other bbq joints, the waitress/waiter frequently change the grill to ensure that there won’t be any burnt patch.

The place is big enough to host several big groups.
The ambience is quite good as there is kpop music being played in the background and televisions around showing the music videos of various Korean artists.

Personally, I find the pricing was quite worth it as I usually stay for around 1.5 hours eating food non-stop.

Recommended for get together session while getting stuffed with food.

Not too bad for a BBQ

Ssikkek BBQ; located at Oriental Plaza is one of my most visit Korean BBQ restaurant so far. The main reason for my return is because I find the food here are all decently good! But if you are talking about the ambience and service, I would say it is just border line. But to be honest, no one would care so much about the ambience when you stink anyway after the meal. Usually, I would prefer to dine in during their lunch buffet – the crowd is lesser and I have enough time to digest the food for the rest of the day.