Ssikek Korean Grill BBQ has closed.

(Closed) Ssikek Korean Grill BBQ (Novena Ville)

Summary

Value4
all the meat View all
Buffet, Vibrant/Noisy, Dinner, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, Boys Night Out, Lunch, BBQ, Children/Family, Chillout View all

One of my favourite cheap buffet places!

If you are craving for a carnivorous and appetizing buffet spread, Ssikkek will never go wrong. Whichever venue you go to, you are bound to stuffed yourself and leave the restaurant smoking with satisfaction ( if you don't overeat). Read more at my blog :) http://colourfulpalates.blogspot.sg/2013/11/korean-bbq-restaurant-aka-ssikkek-bbq.html

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Ssikek Korean Grill BBQ (Novena Ville)

Worth a visit when you know the time

it a good place to hang out when you know the time, i had my ORD treat there with my buddies and it cost me only slightly over 50 for 4 person, there are bunch of selection meats for meat lovers.

Meatlover's Heaven!

Definitely the first place I would go to for a good Korean barbeque. I went there specially for the meat, so did not try much else, but from what I've tried, meats available are great, really substantial, and marinates are outstanding. Completely packed during the peak hours, and there are long queues just to get the ingredients, so do not expect a completely relaxed dining experience if you are visiting during those times. Ingredients are cooked on a piece of tin foil on a stone plate, and the juices from the food usually caramelise as they cook and the foil becomes gritty and oily. However, I am especially impressed by the constant changing of this foil. Service staff are observant, and during my meal, the foil was changed at least 5 times.

I would definitely return for another meal! With the good service and exceptional meats, it is currently the best Korean barbeque restaurant on my list.

Attention all meat & Korean BBQ fans

Located opposite Novena church,it is very popular with young customers. Buffet lunch & dinner charges are $12 and $22 before tax. Advisable to dress down and comfortably, make a reserrvation before going down with your friends.

Very crowded on fri nite, we had a table for 18, enjoyed the food and company. Can be stuffy and crowded, dont expect restaurant service and you will not be disappointed. I find the kimchii and fried rice cake sweet and not spicy enough.

Smoky & Oily

This place always attract a long queue of crowd. Therefore, we decide to give it a try. Queued for 20-30mins before we were shown to our table inside the air-conditioned restaurant.

There were some ventilators but obviously not good enough to withstand the overly smoky, oily and hot (air-conditioned) restaurant.

Small variety of food selection ranging from different types of pork/beef/sausages, vegs, cooked food and soup. The meat were quite good but sad to say, it was overly oily and greasy. The meat actually dripped lots of oil after cooking. I have eaten korean bbq before but none was this oily and smoky. First and last time.