Star Inn Cafe has closed.

Reviews for (Closed) Star Inn Cafe

3.9

AsianBeerHalalIndianNorth IndianSouth Indian
Address: 65 Dunlop Street, 209393
16 Mar 2011

Mutton + Briyanni Rice!

Ever since i came to singapore ive been craving for decent indian food. I recently had the opportunity to come here with my colleagues.

There is a set meal that comes with vegetables...the portion of the set meal is quite large so if your not a big eater, you shoud avoid that. Instead you can try order a menu item which comes with just a meat-ish curry(eg:mutton curry) with briyanni rice.

I ordered the mutton curry with the rice of course and it was quite good. Rather satisfying after a long wait for decent indian food.

More reviews of Star Inn Cafe

CLOSED!

[CLOSED] star inn cafe has ceased operations. shahi kitchen is currently operating at the retail premise.
Overall

This is a nice place to try

I luckily got the chance to eat here as I work around.

The servants are friendly and the shop is nice from outside in. The mutton here is worth trying, even best among all the little indian restaurants. Beer is nice too.

The price is not exactly high compared to others around this area.I like it!

Good Lunch Option

I have been to this place three times. The first, for dinner was a disaster as it was mostly leftovers. However, recent revisits have helped me changed the perception of this place.

Located in the Little India vicinity, this place is a simple set-up with no air-condition but the airiness of the place does not make one feel stuffy at all.

Down to the food, the mutton briyani set is a must try. For just $6, one gets a generous serving of mutton with two side dishes of tasty curried vegetables. My favorites would be the eggplant and the lady's fingers. The only inconsistency is in the quality of the mutton. I have had some really good juicy cuts while I have also had my share of tough meat.

Another must try is the tandoori chicken. While it is being cooked in a tandoor, the version here is not too dry with a nice level of retained juices in the meat.

Service is enthusiastic.