Reviews for Strictly Pancakes (Prinsep Street)

Western
STARGIRL

All-day pancake café

Check out my blog at petitconnoisseur.blogspot.com for pictures and more reviews!

I love pancakes. Naturally, I was very excited when I learnt of Strictly Pancakes (SP), Singapore’s first dedicated pancake café! Located at 44A Prinsep Street, SP is open from morning till night so customers can have their pancake fix anytime during the day.

In addition to the traditional butter-and-maple-syrup combination, SP also offers six sweet and six savory options, ranging from Chicken A La King (chicken chunks, sweet onion slices, cream sauce and asparagus) to Strawberries & Co (mixed berries, vanilla ice cream, strawberry coulis and cream). I had set my eyes on the Black Forest Pancakes ($12+) (Chocolate pancakes topped with brandied cherries, a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate shavings, homemade chocolate sauce and cream) while browsing through their online menu, which was coincidentally recommended by the staff.

These were supposed to come with three chocolate pancakes but I accidentally served plain ones instead. While I didn’t get receive any reimbursement for the error (chocolate pancakes cost $1 more than plain ones on the a la carte menu), I was not charged for the rum and raisin butter (U.P. $0.50) which I had requested to try.

The pancakes were decently soft, and were in fact very much like a slightly thicker version of Mac’s hotcakes. While I enjoyed the combination of cold vanilla ice cream with warm pancakes, I might think twice about ordering the dessert pancakes here again as I found the Black Forest pancakes too sweet for my liking. Those with a sweet tooth will probably enjoy this though.

The Iced Blended Mocha ($5+) was decent- light, frothy and not too sweet. However, it was a tad icy.

Cedele’s superbly soft pancakes still remain as my favorite pancakes attempted thus far. However, having heard positive reviews about SP’s savory choices and milkshakes, I will not rule out the possibility of a re-visit if I happen to be around the area. Oh, and students (like me) get 10% off the bill!
29 Oct 2014 • 25 reviews • 0 follower

Fluffy pancakes and a good sized breakfast

26 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Best Pancakes in Town?

Just when you thought pancakes were only for breakfast. Strictly Pancakes fulfills the dream of pancake addicts by offering pancakes for every single meal of the day. Tucked between the rows of pubs that are right up from Rendezvous Hotel. It's pancakes range from the usual butter and syrup to the unusual garlic butter prawn pancakes.

The pancakes were light and fluffy. The prawns were fresh and drenched in creamy garlic butter sauce. The sauce was to die for, and for a moment i entertained the absurdity of licking the plate clean. The juicy beef skewers were grilled to perfection. And, i wondered why was there such a long queue in the first place.

Visit The Living Inventory for more on food and experiences!
18 May 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

rurdest service

Am still sitting in the place waiting for my food.. but the service i hv to say smthin abt it... i reely pitty d invstors. Even tho they provide gr8 food d srvice am sorry to say cannot make it.

the rurdst service i hav evr experienced in SG.
Dont think i wud evr come back again.