Reviews for Strictly Pancakes (Prinsep Street)

2.8

Western
Address: 44A Prinsep Street, 188674
05 Oct 2010

All-day pancake café

Check out my blog at petitconnoisseur.blogspot.com for pictures and more reviews!

I love pancakes. Naturally, I was very excited when I learnt of Strictly Pancakes (SP), Singapore’s first dedicated pancake café! Located at 44A Prinsep Street, SP is open from morning till night so customers can have their pancake fix anytime during the day.

In addition to the traditional butter-and-maple-syrup combination, SP also offers six sweet and six savory options, ranging from Chicken A La King (chicken chunks, sweet onion slices, cream sauce and asparagus) to Strawberries & Co (mixed berries, vanilla ice cream, strawberry coulis and cream). I had set my eyes on the Black Forest Pancakes ($12+) (Chocolate pancakes topped with brandied cherries, a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate shavings, homemade chocolate sauce and cream) while browsing through their online menu, which was coincidentally recommended by the staff.

These were supposed to come with three chocolate pancakes but I accidentally served plain ones instead. While I didn’t get receive any reimbursement for the error (chocolate pancakes cost $1 more than plain ones on the a la carte menu), I was not charged for the rum and raisin butter (U.P. $0.50) which I had requested to try.

The pancakes were decently soft, and were in fact very much like a slightly thicker version of Mac’s hotcakes. While I enjoyed the combination of cold vanilla ice cream with warm pancakes, I might think twice about ordering the dessert pancakes here again as I found the Black Forest pancakes too sweet for my liking. Those with a sweet tooth will probably enjoy this though.

The Iced Blended Mocha ($5+) was decent- light, frothy and not too sweet. However, it was a tad icy.

Cedele’s superbly soft pancakes still remain as my favorite pancakes attempted thus far. However, having heard positive reviews about SP’s savory choices and milkshakes, I will not rule out the possibility of a re-visit if I happen to be around the area. Oh, and students (like me) get 10% off the bill!
$16.85 for 1 pax

More reviews of Strictly Pancakes

strictly pancake

I had the kinder Bueno pancake set. And I love it very much! Me and partner had a set each but we were not able to finish everything sadly, So if you are coming here in pairs, I think you should just get 1 set and share as it is quite filling! I love the ambience here especially at night as the lights are slightly dimmer and they had fairy lights on the wall thus it turns out to be such a romantic date for me and partner.

Best of Two Worlds

A hideout that you will not expect in a row of bars. The variety of pancake meals will make it harder for you to decide on one but with the recommendation from the friendly staffs, it will hasten your decision. You can even create your own pancake combi. What-A-Spread, which consists of peanut butter pancakes layered with Nutella complete with Kinder Bueno and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, is enjoying the best of two worlds. The appealing presentation will just tempt your mouthwatering appetite.
Overall

Garlic buttered prawn pancakes are the BOMB

Garlic buttered prawn pancakes are the BOMB. I would go back to this place just for them. Never knew they taste so good together. Those who love not only sweet or savoury pancakes should give this place a try.

So chocholatey!

In between rows of cafes at prinsep street, you'll see Strictly Pancakes. I've heard a lot about the specialty on their pancakes - such as buttered prawn pancakes! Was too scared to try that though, afraid I might not like it - so I got their classic chocolate pancake. They were not stingy with their servings and it's really worth the money. Really delicious milkshake that was recommended and it definitely compliment the pancake. Would recommend others to go again :-)

amazing!

savory pancakes at its best. i tried the shrimp pancake and the one with banana. the shrimp is surprisingly amazing :)