Back to (Closed) Suite 23Level 1, Park Regis Singapore, 23 Merchant...

The Hungry Bunny
 • 14 May 2012 554 reviews 21 followers
Overall
Read the full review at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com/2012/05/suite-23-park-regis.html

The restaurant's simple but classic chic design, double storeied-high ceilings and natural light flooding through its floor-to-ceiling windows running through the entire length of the restaurant immediately greet you when you step into the lobby of the hotel lobby. The restaurant was barely filled, and mostly occupied by lawyers (easily recognizable from their black and white court attire) and their clients who'd walked over from the sub courts in the midst of their trials. A quick glance through the somewhat limited menu proved the mainly local fare to be really quite cheap, with most mains costing not more than 20 bucks. We took up the 3-course set lunch though, made up of continental and European cuisine which aren't available on the ala carte menu.The dishes were pretty commendable, service was a bit filmsy but discreet and helpful, and ambience very low-key and quiet.

We had:

1) Potato, Artichoke, Egg, Olives and Roasted Almond Salad: one of the two starter choices, not bad, except for the whites of the poached egg, which was just a smidge overcooked. The spicy lemon and caper dressing provided a refreshing lift to the warm salad though

2) The heavy prawn base of the Cream of Shellfish Bisque, glazed with cognac and topped with garlic shrimp, was a bit rich and one-dimensional for me. It was lacking in depth but too cloying, and I ended up peppering this a lot. The shrimp was good though, sweet and crunchy

3) Pan-Seared Norwegian Salmon Fillet: crisp skin and moist flesh, topped with grilled cabbage and watercress, and drizzled with a roasted garlic and balsamic teriyaki sauce. I'd asked for any parsley to be held off, and so they gave me a bacon and salted cabbage stir-fry instead of a parsley-filled dumpling. Good service there for sure

4) Roasted Ribeye Roulade stuffed with bacon: pretty good as well, moist and juicy, served with pan-roasted vegetables, onions and gherkin and with a drizzling of sweet port wine glazed brown sauce

5) White Chocolate Trifle: too sweet, the cringe-worthy passionfruit coulis topping balanced it out with its sour elements. Forest berries compote and fresh raspberries and strawberries completed the so-so dessert. Disclaimer: I really am not a fan of white chocolate anyway

Kaori
 • 16 Oct 2011 54 reviews 9 followers
Overall
Wonderful stay at Park Regis, it's for hubby's birthday.

Our dinner came complimentary because our room was late. Supposed to check in at 1pm. But it's only till 5.30pm then we got our room. *faint* Manager thus offer complimentary dinner which was a delight. Despite it being complimentary, this is 100% my honest views as always.

Our order: Wild mushroom soup, Tiger prawn salad, Beer Tenderloin, Pan-seared Salmon, Tiramisu and 2 scoops of ice-cream.

Review:

The menu was actually….pretty pathetic. Imagine only 3 main courses to choose from. =.= Beef Tenderloin, Pan-seared Salmon and Fish & Chips. (Park Regis was still a very new hotel then. ) However, it was fantastic!! Especially the tiger prawns Caesar and my medium Tenderloin with mushroom sauce. Such a huge and thick slab too! Tender and yummy! Best steak I've eaten to date. Even the sides like broccoli, braised carrots and wedges were delicious too! The tiramisu(too moist) and ice-cream(too sweet) did not impress though. Dearie said his salmon was also pretty good, however, it will be better if it can be firmer.

Servers were attentive too, I mean, since we’re the only customers. Haha. When I requested for more mushroom sauce, it came hot too! However, their waitresses really pretty jialat. The elderly one, I got problems deciphering her English. The young Filipino one, was simply….I dont know how to say. She looked at me as if I'm speaking in a foreign language when I tried to order a lychee martini from her.

I did casually look at the prices, and still feel my steak is worth it, for it's quality, taste and weight. I dont quite remember but it's below $50. Lychee martini is around $16. All in all, a very well-rounded restaurant.

Must tries: steak

Lunch, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Private Dining, Quiet

Hoongy !
 • 21 Sep 2011 1848 reviews 255 followers
Overall
At a recent tasting, I had the chance to try out the hotel dining at Park Regis Hotel, a new swanky hotel near Clark Quay.

From the appetiser menu an interesting try would be the Watermelon Soup topped with Crabmeat Salad. To be honest, I am not a big fan of fruit soups, but the watermelon here is not the star of the dish, but creates a nice sweet finish to create a well executed soup for the soul.

Another appetiser that is a must-try is the caesar salad with smoked salmon. The fresh romaine lettuce leaves with bread croutons are pair well with the salmon. In addition, the bacon bits add a nice tinge of salt to the dish.

From the main course I could not help but try to conquer the Angus Porterhouse Steak. Done medium rare, this large 650 grams worth of meat may tire the jaw, but it was certainly worth each tender bite.

Pasta lovers would also like the carbonara. The sauce is mixed well with the spaghetti to ensure that it is not soggy yet still retains the strong eggy and creamy flavour.

For desserts, end the meal with the Tiramisu if you fancy something heavy but otherwise, go for the Lemon Tart, which has a lighter finish.

The restaurant is also located next to a chilling area - perfect for drinks after dinner.

Must tries: caesar salad