Back to Sun Dessert Cafe273 Tanjong Katong Road
Durian Chendol3 votes

La La Ooh
 • 13 Aug 2011 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Though I have been to this place when it first opened and had eaten the dim sum a couple of times, it was only recently that I found they have added four or five new varieties to their menu. Out of those new ones, my favourite, as well as friends', are coffee paus and the mushroom mais. The coffee paus are like the Chinese version of chocolate lava cake. The very tasty coffee paste just flows out of the pau when one bites into it. It is definitely a must try! Very cheap too! Less than $2 for three! We always make it a point to bring some home to steam for breakfast the next day. Mushroom mais are very good too. The generous pieces of mushrooms at the top of the mushroom mais are crunchy and the inside has bit of crunchy carrots and well marinated meat.

For dessert (have to give it a mention, since it is also a dessert place), my favourite Taiwan snow ice is the Fruit Bowl, lots of ingredients in there! :-p While my friends tend to favour the local desserts like the durian chendol, durian ice kachang and bubor chacha. All in all, a place with great food, though the interior is nothing to shout about. But if one is willing to shut one eye for good food, this place is it!

Must tries: Coffee paus, Mushroom mais, Mushroom mais, banana red bean crisp, Beancurd Sheet Roll, Char Sau Bao, Chendol, Chicken Claw, Durian Chendol, Durian Chendol

Buffet, Cheap Eat/Budget, Lunch, Dinner, Take Away, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Hidden Find

Andy Ha
 • 23 Apr 2011 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Anyone who is looking for the almost perfect durian chendol has to come to this cafe! I have not tasted such yummy durian chendol anywhere else! I am like addicted to it now! Whenever I am around Tanjong Katong, I just have to pop by to get my fix! Hahaha, yes, it is that good! The D24 meat simply taste delicious with all the other ingredients in the dessert. Have recommended to friends and will not be doing justice to it if I did not write a review about it here! :D

Another yummy dessert to try is their bubor cha cha! It is my mum's and aunt's favourite! It is the traditional bubor cha cha with the fragrant taste of yam in the soup. Very unlike those found in hawker centres and food courts. For those who do not mind coconut milk, do try this dessert too while you are there!

Must tries: Bubor Cha Cha, Durian Chendol, Bubor Cha Cha, Durian Ice Kacang, Durian Chendol, Durian Chendol, Char Sau Bao, banana red bean crisp, Beancurd Sheet Roll, Chendol, Chicken Claw, Ice Kacang, Siew Mai, Snow Ice

Baby Big
 • 08 Jan 2011 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We were recommended this quite new eatery by a friend and decided to try it during lunch recently. This place serves dim sum, some local delights as they called them (mee siam, nasi lemak, dumplings, soon kuey, chee cheong fun and chwee kuey), local desserts and Taiwan snow ice.

We had the dim sum and were surprised that they were good. Also had the local desserts cheng tng, ice kacang and chendol after our dim sum. My family members loved their ice kacang and chendol. I especially like their durian ice kacang which was very yummy.

Not able to resist trying their snow ice, we ordered four bowls of different flavours and shared among us. They were really good.

They do not have that many varieties of local desserts compared to other dessert outlets but they have others from Taiwan like Ai Yu Jelly.

I must say the staff was friendly, price very reasonable and we will definitely be back to try the other things on their dim sum and dessert menu! May get some friends to go for their dim sum buffet which is very reasonably priced at $12.80 for weekdays and $14.80 for weekends. What's best is no GST and Service Charge!

Must tries: Char Sau Bao, Siew Mai, Chicken Claw, Beancurd Sheet Roll, Banana and Red Bean Crisp, Ice Kacang, Chendol, Durian Ice Kacang, Snow Ice

Buffet, Cheap Eat/Budget, Lunch, Dinner, Take Away, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Quiet