Having seen pictures of Swirls (pretty) cupcakes on Instagram, I was happy to (be able to) drop by Rodyk Street on a weekday afternoon. And I was happier to see that the cupcakes were not swept out, which I heard will normally be so by afternoon on a weekend.
And to fully utilise the takeaway box, I decided to buy 6 regular-sized ones! Ain the cupcakes prettyyyyy? I like the way the frosting is being done. So chic!
And from the display, I ordered:-
1) Very Vanilla, $3.95 (Regular)– Vanilla cupcake with vanilla butter cream frosting & sprinkles. This was so good! The cupcake was moist and dense. As the frosting was a tad too sweet (and too much too), the entire cupcake was polished with just one-third of the frosting.
2) Red Velvet, $3.95 (Regular) – Crimson chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Cupcake was dense, moist and not too sweet. A must try!
3) Nutella, $3.95 (Regular) – Chocolate cupcake with hazelnut butter cream frosting. And it's called Nutella because Swirls put nutella right in the center of the cupcake. Nice! And before I sound like a parrot, the cupcake was moist. Thumbs up!
4) Strawberry Burst, $3.95 (Regular) – This sadly did not taste as good as it looks. The cupcake was dry which was pretty evident when I sliced through the cupcake with my knife. And the bottom was slightly burnt.
5) What's Up Doc?, $3.95 (Regular) – Carrot caupcake with crushed pinapple & cream cheese frosting. Both the frosting and cupcake were not too sweet. But oddly, the cupcake left a weird after taste in the mouth. Essence is suspected to be the culprit.
6) Tuesday Special : Apple & Walnut, $4.25 (Regular)– Apple and walnut cupcake with cream cheese frosting. A must try! Cupcake was moist with generous amount of bite-able granny smith apple bits. Yummy!
Overall, the cupcakes were good. I guess the misses were probably due to a little lack of inconsistency in baking? So yes, Swirls have 101 flavours. I say, it's time to start buying (and eating) if you wish to try them all! And for the budget conscious, there's the tiny size at $2.50 (exclude special flavours which are priced differently from the regular flavours). But I say, "Get the regular sizes!" You cant really taste the goodness in the tiny size. Or should I better say, the tiny size wont be enough to satisfy your appetite! =)
PS : I am a blogger too! Lifestyle blog
, Food Blog