48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Relaxed3 votes

Tricky123
 • 21 Aug 2014 15 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I tried this place a week or two ago.  For the full review with photos, please click here:

I did like it, but I found the (many) courses inconsistent, to be honest: great lamb, but average octopus salad; fabulous Triple Espresso crème brulee but supermarket-standard chocolate lava; surprisingly good chawanmushi (which I don’t normally enjoy much) but pedestrian Seafood Soup.
It’s basically fancy European dining with Japanese names (e.g. ‘potato panko’ for a basic potato croquette) and an occasional Japanese influence on the menu.  We went for the 6 course menu on a Sunday evening, being lemon sorbet aperitifs, then the 6 courses (in my case) of: amuse-bouche, grilled octopus salad, pork belly, seafood soup, lamb shank and then dessert.

I do recommend The Clan: décor is comfortable, service is good, the food is mostly good.

But I’m surprised to see so many people praising its value for money: we had two glasses of wine, plus water, with ours, and it cost over 200 bucks all-in.  This really isn’t what I would call a value destination, really.  And for those prices, I would really want to see the restaurant nailing it, course after course, and I’m not sure that really happened here for me.  Still, worth a visit, I’d say.

Must tries: Braised lamb shank, Triple Espresso Creme Brulee

After Work, Birthdays, Business Dining, Dinner, Fine Dining, Formal Events, Night Out, Relaxed, Supper

feleats
 • 13 Jul 2014 11 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The Clan is found along Bukit Pasoh Road, and it can't be missed with its big signage outside the restaurant. They have 2 levels of dining areas and most people opt for their set menu as they are very value for money! We went for their 6 course dinner that is priced at $69.80++. A 5 course set lunch is also available at $49.80++ with it excluding the Cold Dish from the menu.

Full review at http://feleats.blogspot.sg/2014/05/the-clan-restaurant-bukit-pasoh-road.html

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce

After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays

pigleto
 • 04 Jul 2014 13 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went for lunch and the set menu is fab! Well-presented although it seems at that time, the portion is small-ish but it's actually ok by the time we get to dessert. Will definitely return.