48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Nice Deco3 votes

Alance Wong
 • 02 Jul 2014 16 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have been to the clan a number of times, its my go to place when ever my girlfriend and i are feeling down and want to just have a really good meal without breaking the bank.

I am always impressed at the quality of food at the clan, however, i am often put off by how the ambiance is. Maybe its just not my style.

Amanda He
 • 21 Jun 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Now I don't usually write reviews, so just the fact that I'm writing this now says a lot about my experience here at The Clan!

I came here for my bf's birthday in April. Everything about the experience was wonderful. The service staff was amiable and made us feel special (thanks Eric!); the ambience was pretty romantic, although my ONLY grouse about the entire experience was it was too dark to take nice photos :(

The food was really scrumptious and worth every cent. Every dish was a hit (we really couldn't decide on our favourite because it was all that good), so I think the chef should give himself a pat on the back for the consistency in quality! Here are the dishes I recommend:

Cold dish: Beef Carpaccio w Truffle Teriyaki & Horseradish Sauce (the beef was tender and fresh, while the marinade was bursting with flavour)

Side dish: Kurobuta Pork Belly Confit w Pork Cracker & Passion Fruit Sauce (I normally avoid pork belly because it's too fatty for me - but I believe this is good enough to convert me!)

Soup: Ginseng Chicken Consommé (the taste of the ginseng really shone through, yum! Spot on!)

Main: Prime Beef Short Ribs on Hoba Leaf w Peppercorn Sauce on Lava Stone (now I said we couldn't pick a favourite, but if I really had to choose one, this would be it! What stood out was the experience of it - put on your chef's hat as you get to cook the beef yourself on the lava stone! Of course, the marinade/leaf added an interesting dimension to the flavour of the beef too)

Dessert: I liked my "Chocolate Lava w Homemade Gelato" (it oozed like lava, and was really melt-in-your-mouth) while he loved his "Triple Espresso Crème Brûlée".

We had a complimentary cake too - thanks for the effort you guys make in making our experience a special one!

In all, our overall experience at The Clan was perfect and it suffices to show why they have such great reviews from all their customers.

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce, Beef Carpaccio with truffle, Kurobuta pork belly confit with pork cracker & passion fruit sauce

Anniversary, Birthdays

Orangepoppyseed
 • 30 Jan 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Very similar to Dozo - menu, the way you select one dish from a few offered for appetizer, main, etc, for the set dinner, even the presentation and the way the waiters are supposed to introduce the dishes..... a copy of how Dozo was run. I tried these - King crab salad, crab bisque, lamb shank, creme brulee, etc. Out of these the lamb was worth mentioning - soft flesh and well cooked. The rest were ok. The crab meat was really not that much so don't have high expectations. One thing that stood out were the waiters They were loud mouthed and loved to interrupt the on-going conversations to ask for orders, put the dishes down and introduce the dishes. They lacked the grace and discernment of the waiters Dozo had. Given that this restaurant is in a busy place (Bukit Pasoh) with limited parking, I would rather stick to Dozo at RV since nothing is really different from Dozo.