48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Relaxed3 votes

Tay Wee Beng
 • 04 Sep 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
2nd visit. The service during the 1st visit was excellent due to one of the waiter, who was very attentive, describing almost every dish even in Mandarin for my dad. Unfortunately, he was not around during the 2nd visit. Food is still good, although I think the menu didn't change much since our visit about 5 mths ago. The waiter and waitress this time round are acceptable, but a far cry from the 1st visit. Also, none of them explain or describe each dish that came along.

Tricky123
 • 21 Aug 2014 17 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I tried this place a week or two ago.  For the full review with photos, please click here:

I did like it, but I found the (many) courses inconsistent, to be honest: great lamb, but average octopus salad; fabulous Triple Espresso crème brulee but supermarket-standard chocolate lava; surprisingly good chawanmushi (which I don’t normally enjoy much) but pedestrian Seafood Soup.
It’s basically fancy European dining with Japanese names (e.g. ‘potato panko’ for a basic potato croquette) and an occasional Japanese influence on the menu.  We went for the 6 course menu on a Sunday evening, being lemon sorbet aperitifs, then the 6 courses (in my case) of: amuse-bouche, grilled octopus salad, pork belly, seafood soup, lamb shank and then dessert.

I do recommend The Clan: décor is comfortable, service is good, the food is mostly good.

But I’m surprised to see so many people praising its value for money: we had two glasses of wine, plus water, with ours, and it cost over 200 bucks all-in.  This really isn’t what I would call a value destination, really.  And for those prices, I would really want to see the restaurant nailing it, course after course, and I’m not sure that really happened here for me.  Still, worth a visit, I’d say.

Must tries: Braised lamb shank, Triple Espresso Creme Brulee

After Work, Birthdays, Business Dining, Dinner, Fine Dining, Formal Events, Night Out, Relaxed, Supper

feleats
 • 13 Jul 2014 11 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The Clan is found along Bukit Pasoh Road, and it can't be missed with its big signage outside the restaurant. They have 2 levels of dining areas and most people opt for their set menu as they are very value for money! We went for their 6 course dinner that is priced at $69.80++. A 5 course set lunch is also available at $49.80++ with it excluding the Cold Dish from the menu.

Full review at http://feleats.blogspot.sg/2014/05/the-clan-restaurant-bukit-pasoh-road.html

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce