48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Relaxed3 votes

lindanne
 • 02 Jul 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Hello all. That is a great restaurant with delicious food. I recommend you to enjoy the food here even once. I like this restaurant! friv

Alance Wong
 • 02 Jul 2014 21 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have been to the clan a number of times, its my go to place when ever my girlfriend and i are feeling down and want to just have a really good meal without breaking the bank.

I am always impressed at the quality of food at the clan, however, i am often put off by how the ambiance is. Maybe its just not my style.

Amanda He
 • 21 Jun 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Now I don't usually write reviews, so just the fact that I'm writing this now says a lot about my experience here at The Clan!

I came here for my bf's birthday in April. Everything about the experience was wonderful. The service staff was amiable and made us feel special (thanks Eric!); the ambience was pretty romantic, although my ONLY grouse about the entire experience was it was too dark to take nice photos :(

The food was really scrumptious and worth every cent. Every dish was a hit (we really couldn't decide on our favourite because it was all that good), so I think the chef should give himself a pat on the back for the consistency in quality! Here are the dishes I recommend:

Cold dish: Beef Carpaccio w Truffle Teriyaki & Horseradish Sauce (the beef was tender and fresh, while the marinade was bursting with flavour)

Side dish: Kurobuta Pork Belly Confit w Pork Cracker & Passion Fruit Sauce (I normally avoid pork belly because it's too fatty for me - but I believe this is good enough to convert me!)

Soup: Ginseng Chicken Consommé (the taste of the ginseng really shone through, yum! Spot on!)

Main: Prime Beef Short Ribs on Hoba Leaf w Peppercorn Sauce on Lava Stone (now I said we couldn't pick a favourite, but if I really had to choose one, this would be it! What stood out was the experience of it - put on your chef's hat as you get to cook the beef yourself on the lava stone! Of course, the marinade/leaf added an interesting dimension to the flavour of the beef too)

Dessert: I liked my "Chocolate Lava w Homemade Gelato" (it oozed like lava, and was really melt-in-your-mouth) while he loved his "Triple Espresso Crème Brûlée".

We had a complimentary cake too - thanks for the effort you guys make in making our experience a special one!

In all, our overall experience at The Clan was perfect and it suffices to show why they have such great reviews from all their customers.

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce, Beef Carpaccio with truffle, Kurobuta pork belly confit with pork cracker & passion fruit sauce

Anniversary, Birthdays