48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Nice Deco3 votes

Vrooom
 • 20 Oct 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I went to The Clan on Saturday for the set dinner for a birthday celebration.

We were served with a complimentary icy lemon/lime drink. It was refreshing to the taste buds because of its sourness. Then we had the standard starter that consists the pan-seared scallop, the prawn sushi and some duck thing. My favourite of the 3 was the scallop as it was succulent.

For appetizer, my friend had oysters in 3 ways while I had the Alaskan Crab with salad. Go for the oyster.
For sidedish, we had Pork Belly Comfit (Roasted Pork) and tempura soft shell crab. Although I've eaten these sidedish on its own, I've not tasted the way they are prepared at The Clan. Both dishes are delicious, but I lean towards the pork.

For Soup, we had mushroom with truffle paste and crab bisque. I'm not too crazy about the soup but they were still prepared well. For the crab bisque, I would like the meat in the soup instead of the crab twister.

Main dish - Prime Beef short ribs and pork jowl. The serving of the beef is an interesting experience - you decide on the degree of rawness for your beef while heating it up over the hot stone. I've not tasted the Pork Jowl before and the meat simply melts in the mouth.

Dessert - we had the lava cake...I would have like it more if the inside of the cake actually oozes out like lava.
From the online reservation, I indicated that it was a birthday celebration and we were given a complimentary slice of pear cake. :-) It tasted better than the lava cake.

Much credit has to be given to the waitress Kris and the other waitress. Kris recommended dishes and the order of eating the different items to best enjoy the taste. And importantly, she did it with humility and humour.

Must tries: Kurobuta Pork Jowl in Pistachio Purée, Oyster in 3 ways, Kurobuta pork belly confit with pork cracker & passion fruit sauce

Anniversary, Birthdays

Randomlee
 • 28 Sep 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall

We went the Clan for our Anniversary Dinner, it has a nice and cozy ambience and suitable for couples. Good for celebrations. Overall its great on value for such quality good!

I love my Main dish which is the duck confit and also the Tempura Soft Shell Crab

We ordered their 6-course dinner @ S$65.80 ++

Below are the items we ordered:

Cold Dish

Kurobuta Pork Jowl in Pistachio Puree w Pickled Zucchini & 64 Degree Egg Yolk​
Dessert

Madeira Cheese Panna Cotta
 Triple Espresso Cre'me Brulee

After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays, Dinner, Fine Dining, Nice Deco, Private Dining, Quiet, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates

Rachel Cheow
 • 03 Sep 2013 75 reviews 17 followers
Overall
For a full review, visit http://rachelays.blogspot.sg/2013/09/birthday-dinner-clan-restaurant.html

Oysters in 3 ways. The oysters were big, fresh and juicy. The oyster with tomato cubes on top had a sour and tangy taste and was mildly spicy at the same time while the oyster served in a shot glass came with an egg yolk in it.

Foie Gras
Although the foie gras did not melt perfectly in the mouth, it was still a great inclusion to our meal. The deep fried foie gras was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Somehow, it gave us the impression that the foie gras was big but in fact it was very thinly sliced which did not give us much kick when we bit into it.

Kurobuta Pork Belly confit w Pork Cracker & Passion Fruit Sauce​
The pork belly was really tender and the fats melted in my mouth. I dislike pork belly but I loved this! The skin was also really crispy. The passionfruit sauce was slightly sour and did not seem to complement the pork belly and salad well enough though.

Crab Bisque Cappuccino & Prawn Twister
What a unique way of serving the soup, in a champagne glass! I love crab bisque but this was too sweet for my liking. The taste was also rather overpowering and it was hard for me to finish it all by myself.

​Cepes Mushroom w Truffle Paste
It was mildly sweet with plenty of mushroom bits. There was also a subtle taste of truffle and it was indeed a satisfying bowl of soup.

48 Degree Poached Salmon w Japanese Broth, Dehydrated Wakame & Leek Confit
The salmon fish was served medium rare with a warm and pink center. The salmon was very soft because of its doneness. The salmon was also quite thick and was a good portion for a main course.