48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce16 votes

Night Out3 votes

yeocw
 • 16 Jan 2014 96 reviews 35 followers
Overall
The restaurant serves East/West fusion cuisine with infusion of its own interpretation of receipes. Since my first visit to The Clan in July 2012 when it was newly opened, I must say that the high food standards has maintained. In fact, the restaurant was bustling at 70-80% of its seating capacity on a Wed night.

Although we were served by various waiters and waitress, every one of them was courteous, helpful and prompt. In this age of tight manpower and fickle staff for F&B industry, The Clan obviously not only trained its staff well, but also retained its staff. The staff would explain the dishes and sometimes recommend the order and method of eating certain dishes. This is particularly so for the starter (since it has 3 different items, of different tastes) and the beef short ribs (which can be intimidating for those unfamiliar with it)

The Clan offers only set meals: 5 course lunch ($45.80++) and 6 course dinner ($65.80++). This is a slight increase when I first went for food tasting in Jul 2012. The diner chooses the cold dish (only for dinner), soup, side dish, main course and dessert out of the given choices. The starter is by the chef’s design, so its not on the menu. The clan has a pretty good wine list and a wine pairing recommendation. I had the house pour Shiraz ($13/glass) which went well with my choice of Beef Carpaccio, Escargot, Mushroom soup with truffle paste, prime beef short rib on hot lava stone and lava cake.

Overall, I continue to recommend The Clan for dining. It offers good value for the price in terms of quality of ingredients, cooking, service standards and ambience.

Must tries: Beef Carpaccio with truffle, 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce, Cepes mushroom w truffle paste

Birthdays, Dinner, Fine Dining, Formal Events, Lunch, Romance/First Dates, Wine Lists

FoodiePink
 • 01 Jan 2014 114 reviews 1 follower
Overall
For a full run-down of my dining experience, please visit:

Enjoy :)

Richard Tian
 • 01 Dec 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Saw this place here with such a good rating and went there to try.
We are surprised to find the posh looking place when we first stepped in. 2nd surprise came when we realized that its a 6 course dinner with quite a steep price tag. Nonetheless we tried it as the ambience is really soothing and not noisy. To our 3rd surprise, the food is really nice and we are served by a very friendly staff throughout our dinner. The courses was not rushed out and there are ample time between the dishes to chit chat. The portion of the dishes was about right and was pretty filling after the last course ie dessert. Disclaimer: am not a big eater.. ;) we would try this place again.

Anniversary, Birthdays, Business Dining, Dinner, Fine Dining, Romance/First Dates