48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Relaxed3 votes

Randomlee
 • 28 Sep 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall

We went the Clan for our Anniversary Dinner, it has a nice and cozy ambience and suitable for couples. Good for celebrations. Overall its great on value for such quality good!

I love my Main dish which is the duck confit and also the Tempura Soft Shell Crab

We ordered their 6-course dinner @ S$65.80 ++

Below are the items we ordered:

Cold Dish

Kurobuta Pork Jowl in Pistachio Puree w Pickled Zucchini & 64 Degree Egg Yolk​
Dessert

Madeira Cheese Panna Cotta
 Triple Espresso Cre'me Brulee

After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays, Dinner, Fine Dining, Nice Deco, Private Dining, Quiet, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates

Rachel Cheow
 • 03 Sep 2013 76 reviews 17 followers
Overall
For a full review, visit http://rachelays.blogspot.sg/2013/09/birthday-dinner-clan-restaurant.html

Oysters in 3 ways. The oysters were big, fresh and juicy. The oyster with tomato cubes on top had a sour and tangy taste and was mildly spicy at the same time while the oyster served in a shot glass came with an egg yolk in it.

Foie Gras
Although the foie gras did not melt perfectly in the mouth, it was still a great inclusion to our meal. The deep fried foie gras was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Somehow, it gave us the impression that the foie gras was big but in fact it was very thinly sliced which did not give us much kick when we bit into it.

Kurobuta Pork Belly confit w Pork Cracker & Passion Fruit Sauce​
The pork belly was really tender and the fats melted in my mouth. I dislike pork belly but I loved this! The skin was also really crispy. The passionfruit sauce was slightly sour and did not seem to complement the pork belly and salad well enough though.

Crab Bisque Cappuccino & Prawn Twister
What a unique way of serving the soup, in a champagne glass! I love crab bisque but this was too sweet for my liking. The taste was also rather overpowering and it was hard for me to finish it all by myself.

​Cepes Mushroom w Truffle Paste
It was mildly sweet with plenty of mushroom bits. There was also a subtle taste of truffle and it was indeed a satisfying bowl of soup.

48 Degree Poached Salmon w Japanese Broth, Dehydrated Wakame & Leek Confit
The salmon fish was served medium rare with a warm and pink center. The salmon was very soft because of its doneness. The salmon was also quite thick and was a good portion for a main course.

Aurely
 • 29 Aug 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We went 5 of us to The Clan restaurant yesterday evening and really had a great surprise. The staff was perfect, present and friendly but not too invasive. We ordered 4 set meals composed of 6 dishes and one of us just took a main course. The waiter in charge of our table offered the first dish (the chef's special) to our friend who took only the main course, and also proposed to bring 5 deserts to share, even if we should have had only 4 with the sets.  For the drinks, 2 of us took wine by the glass and have been refilled for free.
The restaurant is organized in a way that there are lots of small rooms, so we were on our own in a corner and could even ask to switch off the A/C as we were too cold.

In term of food, all the dishes were very well presented, in different types of plates, and the taste was just great. I loved all the dishes i've chosen (oysters, clams, chicken ginseng soup, beef) and all my friends just loved theirs as well.

An overall very good experience that I recommend.

Must tries: 48 Hours Beef short Ribs on Hoba Leaf w Madeira Sauce on Lava STone