48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Nice Deco3 votes

Hoongy !
 • 20 Jun 2013 1792 reviews 250 followers
Overall
Since its launch, The Clan has received good reviews from many who have visited, and I am no different, being a fan of the set menus that they offer.

Lunch and dinner are similar, except that there is one more course at dinner, usually a higher end appetiser.

I remembered starting with the Oyster in Three Ways, with one being prepared with an extreme spicy salsa, one with a quails egg yolk and one done with cream. I liked the dish, and it got my palette excited for what was to come.

For the side dish I had the Steam razor clam with salmon trout roe drizzle with Japanese oil. Warning for the health concious - this dish is high in oil.

For my soup I had the Doubled boiled beef consomme with caramelized onion and shallot wrap. This is a good soul warmer to wash down the rich starters.

From the main course menu, I tried the 48 hrs beef short ribs on hoba leaf with mandeira sauce on lava stone. It cooks while you eat, so if like your beef done medium rare like I do, be sure to remove it from the hot stone. I also had the Spiced braised lamb shank with potato panko and extra virgin olive powder which was also another well executed tender dish. But my favourite melt in the mouth main course had to be the Kurobuta pork jowl in pistachio puree with pickled zucchini and 64 degree egg yolk. No deep sauce - just the natural taste of the pork was good enough for me.

Dinner ended with a Green tea tiramisu. Washing it all down with a 2001 chardonnay, The Clan was a wonderful experience for me.

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce

Dinner, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Trendy

Ninono nya
 • 14 Jun 2013 29 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Came here for company lunch, everything is good. Love the beef short Ribs on Hoba Leaf w Madeira  especially, smooth and melt in your mouth. Lunch end perfetly with The triple espresso creme bruleee and nice cup of coffee. Definitely will be back again!

Must tries: 48 Hours Beef short Ribs on Hoba Leaf w Madeira Sauce on Lava STone

After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays, Romance/First Dates

Nelly Holland
 • 29 May 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I tried the dinner 6 courses set, and everything was perfect!
As a foreigner and living in Singapore for 1 year, I can say that finally I found a restaurant with a really good and creative food with a reasonable price! The service is also wonderful!

After Work, Ala Carte, Birthdays

Management

Dear Nelly,

Thank you for reviewing The Clan at HungryGoWhere.com. We are glad that you appreciated the creativity of our food and hope that you would return to try our other dishes. We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Raymond Wong