Reviews for The Clan Restaurant

AsianEuropeanFusionWestern

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

good

retty good!! went with some colleagues after work and both food and service was good. friend of mine goes there quite often. I do reccomend this restaurant and I will definitely go back once again soon...
• 04 Apr 2015 • 29 reviews • 0 follower

Not fine dining

Overall
Some said this is a fine dining restaurant but seriously that makes me wonder what is the definition of fine dining? What about staff who could not understand our orders in English? Would that be considered as fine dining? Or fine dining service level?

I was there to have set dinner with friend to celebrate my birthday.

Interior - I can confirm it is not fine dining restaurant standard. The furniture and fixtures seemed old (were they opened for very long?).

Food and Pricing - One thing I won't dispute was the set dinner was reasonably priced, portion was big, but sadly, I was really disappointed with the main course. I read that the beef was a must order. It was served on a sizzling hot rock and we were expected to cook it on our own... (See picture - it was quite raw, I ordered medium rare not raw) Actually, I would prefer the chef to take over the cooking duties. It was bad to assume that everyone knew how to cook the beef, given that it was an important dish from the restaurant. I felt the beef steak was not juicy and quite tasteless to be frank - or maybe my cooking was bad(?). I know some places served steak on sizzingly rock, but at least its main motive was to keep it warm and not asked the diners to cook it on our own.

My friend and I could not finish even half of the portion. (So what's the use of having such a big portion when it did not taste good - waste of food.) This was a classic case whereby the food looked better that it tasted. A guy beside my table was fascinated by the sizzling rock thingy and he also ordered it - good luck to hiim.

Service - As it was my birthday, the restaurant was nice to serve me a slice of tiramisu, at least, it was a sweet ending for me that night. Not sure if tiramisu was on the menu, it tasted pretty decent. Also to add, the service staff weren't very attentive, maybe it was so dark in the restaurant - hard to have eye contact with them.

I would not go back again, I was confused about the branding of this restaurant. Of so many fine dining restaurant I have been to, I did not see any of them serving dishes on sizzlingly rock - unglam.
• 21 Jan 2015 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

Overrated

Overall
Despite the many good reviews, I find the food normal. In general, the restaurant is trying to be classy and atas when they use cheap items. It’s too fake and I don't feel that it is a high-class restaurant.
• 20 Jan 2015 • 3 reviews • 0 follower