48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Relaxed3 votes

Nelly Holland
 • 29 May 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I tried the dinner 6 courses set, and everything was perfect!
As a foreigner and living in Singapore for 1 year, I can say that finally I found a restaurant with a really good and creative food with a reasonable price! The service is also wonderful!

After Work, Ala Carte, Birthdays

Management

Dear Nelly,

Thank you for reviewing The Clan at HungryGoWhere.com. We are glad that you appreciated the creativity of our food and hope that you would return to try our other dishes. We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Raymond Wong

18 June 2013

SG Food on Foot
 • 22 May 2013 205 reviews 18 followers
Overall
For full review and photos, visit www.sgfoodonfoot.com

For my birthday celebration with my girlfriend this year, I suggested The Clan Restaurant which is nearby our staycation at PARKROYAL on Pickering. The 2 storey restaurant is nestled inside a 100 over years old building that is also The GAN Clan Association. The restaurant interior is pretty dark so pardon me for the poor quality photos. I didn't feel good using my flash as the table were quite close to one another not to mention the dimly lit environment. Upon sitting down, we were presented with the 6 course dinner set menu ($63.80++ per pax). I thought this is different from the usual practice of restaurants where they prefer you to order from their ala carte menu as the profit margin is higher. Nevertheless ala carte menu is available on request. After comparing the 2 menus, we decided to go for the diner set which is more value for money.

Before starting our 6 course meal, we were give watermelon shooter served in a test tube to whet our appetite. The Chef Starter is the only item on the menu that were not given a choice. The Chef Starter comprised of a trio which for me the most memorable was the pan seared scallop with asparagus and truffle foam.

For the cold dish there were 4 choices. My partner had the Alaskan King Crab with Homemade Karashi Dressingwhile I had the Oyster 3 Ways. The oysters were fresh and fat. Among the 3 styles, my favourite was the oyster shooter with quail egg. Initially I was afraid that the rawness will be too much for me to stomach but there was an interesting zesty sauce that brought it together.

Out of the 5 choices available for the Side Dish, my partner had the Kurobuta Pork Belly confit with Pork Cracker & Passion Fruit Sauce while I tried the Deep Fried Foie Gras, Balsamico Reduction & Cheese Focaccia. I didn't quite enjoyed this dish. I thought the foie gras lost its shine in the dish and I felt like having deep fried wanton with minced pork filling.

Next for the soup which comes with another 4 choices, my partner had the Miso with Yuzu Essence while I had theCrab Bisque Cappuccino w Truffle Foam & Prawn Twister. Love the presentation as well as the richness and robustness of the flavours.

For the Main, there are 6 choices. My partner had the popular 48 Hours Beef Short Ribs on Hoba Leaf with  Madeira Sauce on Lava Stone and I had the Kurobuta Pork Jawl in Pistachio Puree with Pickled Zucchini & 64 Degree Egg Yolk. The pork cheek was fork tender with a flavourful encrusting and nicely balanced with the egg yolk coating.

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce

The Ranting Panda
 • 19 May 2013 171 reviews 1 follower
Overall
For a more detailed review and pictures, pls visit www.therantingpanda.wordpress.com

The Place Located in Bukit Pasoh Road amidst the old conservation buildings of Chinatown district is The Clan, a modern European restaurant which prides itself on its degustation menu (6 course dinner at $62.80++). I like the location of The Clan, as it is so conveniently located close to town yet you simply feel a little out of the world along Bukit Pasoh Road.

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce

After Work, Anniversary, Business Dining, Dinner, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Lunch, Nice Deco, Romance/First Dates