Braised lamb shank6 votes
Relaxed3 votes

The Ranting Panda
 • 19 May 2013 175 reviews 1 follower
Overall
For a more detailed review and pictures, pls visit www.therantingpanda.wordpress.com

The Place Located in Bukit Pasoh Road amidst the old conservation buildings of Chinatown district is The Clan, a modern European restaurant which prides itself on its degustation menu (6 course dinner at $62.80++). I like the location of The Clan, as it is so conveniently located close to town yet you simply feel a little out of the world along Bukit Pasoh Road.

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce

After Work, Anniversary, Business Dining, Dinner, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Lunch, Nice Deco, Romance/First Dates

chefquak
 • 26 Mar 2013 203 reviews 1 follower
Overall
See full reviews & photos at my blog=http://chefquak.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/the-clan-restaurant-bukit-pasoh-singapore-on-8-3-2013/

had a great lunch with my daughter at The Clan Restaurant at Bukit Pasoh. We had the 5-course set lunch.
This my second time here – I was here with my wife 3 weeks back. We both liked the food. The Chef, Ken Teo, was formerly the Executive Chef of Dozo, and we have always liked Dozo’s food. The price of the 5-course lunch, S$42.80 (6-course dinner S$63.80), is slightly higher than Dozo (& w/o the cooler drink), but I think overall the food quality is better.
There are 5 choices of appetiser & dessert, 4 choices of soup & 6 choices of main course.
I suppose the name has got to do with its location at the premises of The Gan Clan Association. Bukit Pasoh locale is home to a good few top restaurants like Majestic, Oso and nearby at Kiong Siak Street – Ember, Nicolas Le & Bistro Soori. The food is I guess nothing “Clanish”, being in the modern european genre similar to Dozo with touch of Japanese fusion.
just like Dozo, we started with a nice thirst quencher.
The Chef Starter is a trio comprising duck rillette, pan-seared scallop with lots of foam (this is very good & definitely better than Dozo) and a salmon mouche cone (Dozo serves a smoked salmon, tiny pan-seared piece of foie gras & pan-seared scallop).
Next we had a choice of appetiser. I had the bamboo clam. This was really very good. the clam was very sweet & bouncy fresh, and the ikura (salmon roe) flavour & saltiness combined very well with the shellfish texture indeed. My daughter had the deep-fried foie gras, which was not a common preparation. I stole a bite. It was different & quite good, but unlikely to displace the all-time favourite pan-seared caramelised foie gras anytime soon.
Next up is the soup. I had the cepes mushroom bisque. It was very good, maybe slightly more quantity-wise but not much different from Dozo. My daughter had the crab bisque which came with a prawn twister. I think this had a lot more foam than that served at Dozo & was overall better.
Next came the 48hr beef short ribs served on hoba leaf on a lava stone. I really, really loved this dish. The quality of the beef was much superior to that at Dozo. The meat was just so sweet & flavourful & the texture was just super.
For the dessert choice, my daughter had the chocolate lava cake. It was good. I had the 4-cheese platter-good stuff!
Overall, it made for an extremely satisfying meal.

Must tries: 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce, Razor clams

Anniversary, Birthdays, Fine Dining, Lunch

Tarus Lin
 • 15 Mar 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Went to The Clan recently to celebrate hubby's birthday and the experience was awesome.  All food were nicely presented and taste good too.  Staffs were friendly and attentive.  Got a small surprise when a small cake with a lighted candle and Happy Birthday wording was presented when our desserts were served and coffee was on the house.  She even offered to help us take a photo. Thumbs up for the service!! :)

Must tries: Tempura Espuma Soft Shell Crab w Homemade Citrus Sauce, 48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce

Anniversary, Birthdays, Dinner, Lunch, Night Out, Romance/First Dates