48 hrs short ribs w mandeira sauce12 votes

Nice Deco3 votes

hoggngulp
 • 22 Nov 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I had a wonderful friday evening at The Clan with my husband. For details on my experience at the place, visit my blog:

Must tries: Barracuda

Anniversary, Birthdays

Management

Dear Hoggngulp, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that your dinner date went well; we will be updating our menu regularly so do check back for more new dishes at The Clan.

Chen Xinda
 • 21 Nov 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The 5-course lunch had a consistent delivery of carefully crafted dishes, some with imaginative and intricate presentations that were considered works of art.
Highlights of the meal include:
Starter - Foie Gras Chawanmushi with Dehydrated Mushroom
Eaten second of a three-part starter, we found this to be very smooth with well-balanced hints of foie gras and mushroom.
Main - 48 Hours Short Ribs with Madeira Sauce
Elaborate presentation with a stone grill on a bed of rocks. The short ribs were very tender and with the control over the grill handed to the diner, one can decide to have varying degrees of rare to well done short ribs.
Main - 48° Poached Salmon with Japanese Broth, Dehydrated Wakame & Leek Confit
The salmon is prepared with such finesse, that it slowly melts in the mouth. The broth was subtle and complemented the salmon well enough.
The restaurant is situated in a charming district of restored shophouses, which lends to the overall experience as we were fortunately seated by a glass door with views to the shophouses opposite. The ambience in the restaurant was pleasant and relatively quiet as we were there slightly after 1pm.
We'd like to thank Raymond and his crew who attended to us and ensured that everything was upheld to their highest standards. We'll definitely come back for special occasions and most importantly, our next anniversary!

Anniversary, Fine Dining, Lunch

Management

Hi! Thank you for taking time out to write such a detailed, glowing review. We aim to provide the best for our diners, in both service and food, and are glad to hear that we met your expectations on both aspects. Do return to try our other dishes, we look forward to serving you again then.

oOBlacksheepOo
 • 15 Nov 2012 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Starter                                                                                                     DO look forward to the tempura; presented in an interesting way of fried vege with tofu from original taste till spicy with a white radish like sauce that was hidden beneath the tempura.
Main course                                                                                        Vegetarian - Pasta's carbonara makes me wonder if the cream was cooked together with the mushroom soup.
Non-vegetarian - A duplicate of beef on Japanese imported leaf~ the leaf itself does not have any fragrance. Though the presentation is great, it makes it slightly dangerous when attempting to reach out for the store.
Dessert - Panna cotta, served in a martini glass with alcohol and dried pineapple. Smooth and creamy to the last mouthful.
Who would have expected to see a fine dining restaurant right on the first floor of "颜氏公会"? Its difficult to miss the restaurant when the word "Clan" shows up with extra large font size on the build ;D

Disclaimer: Not all of the dishes are introduced as pax of six might end up with an essay when written fully~
After Work, Ala Carte, Anniversary, Birthdays

Management

Dear oOBlacksheepOo, Thank you for your review. At The Clan, we hope to provide diners with an exciting degustation experience regardless of the dish combination they choose and I do hope that our vegetarian option was executed well enough to meet your expectations. Should you have any feedback on how we can improve our vegetarian options, please do not hesitate to contact us.