Truffle Fries15 votes

People Watching3 votes

Rae Rueyjing
 • 28 Sep 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
To wait more than half an hour for four $8/9 milkshakes and almost an hour for a waffle stack at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon was incredulous.

With the exception of Ramon the waiter who, to his credit, actually did try his best, the rest of the service staff were too preoccupied or flustered to serve us who were seated right smack in the middle of the restaurant.

For a simple afternoon snack of truffle tries, waffles and 4 milkshakes and a coffee, which cost a jolly $81,  we waited till the cows got lost and never came home.

Honestly, I do feel for the bosses of this place, who had really created such a lovely ambience in the oasis of the far flung end of Singapore, only to be undermined by the non-existent service.

Will I ever return to this place? No.
Not when you said there is no banana for milkshakes but a banana turned up in our overcooked waffles. Wouldn't it be lovely if you were to just serve us for waffles than to separate our waffles from us, only to let it overcook itself? What a pity.

While it is not like we are bananas for bananas, but I find it frankly a mouth-gaping moment when one has to ration bananas. Incredulous.

A reputable 300-seater restuarant who could have been so much better.

What. a. pity.

Bunnykoh
 • 13 Sep 2014 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Took a day off with hubby and decided to drive to the other end of Singapore from where we stay. The Coastal Settlement came into our minds. Nested amongst lush greenery and vintage collectibles, the restaurant was inviting enough for us on a rainy day. I ordered the tom yam pasta while my other half ordered the mushroom cream pasta. We shared an appetiser of wagyu beef salad.

The wagyu beef was just the right texture. Tender, juicy, well-marinated and melted in our mouths. There were about 15 pcs among the salad. The tom yum pasta was creamy and flavorful without having an overpowering tom yum taste. The mushroom pasta was just nice on the cream. Not too dry like some we've had but enough sauce to be able to enjoy the taste. Dessert was lava cake with vanilla ice cream. We couldn't fault the dessert at all.

Service was average not over the top. No complaints coz I guess the service staff could give us more attention on a weekday when the restaurant is half full. Ambience was nostalgic and relaxing. We were surrounded by vintage furniture and collectibles. 80s music playing in the background. So relaxing we almost dozed off after the meal...:)

Must tries: Wagyu beef salad, Tom Yum pasta

foodie2711
 • 11 Sep 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I dined at TCS for the first time today, and I had high expections because many of my friends have raved about this place. But sadly, I was disappointed with what I experienced today.

Once we sat down, they served us a glass of water each, and I took a sip without checking my glass (obviously thinking it was clean). I thought the water tasted weird, so I checked my red glass, and guess what I found? Ketchup smeared all over the rim. I suppose they don't wash their dishes properly? Did I just ingest someone's leftover ketchup? I nearly threw up at the table even though we have not ordered. I called our server and told her what just happened, and she nonchalantly said "Oh, I'm sorry" and when she served me the new glass of water, she did not even bother to apologize again.

Even though the restaurant was empty (there were only two other tables besides mine), the service was absolutely atrocious. No one came to fill up our glasses of water. No one came to ask if our food was okay. There was a fly that was flying around our table and landed on our food a couple of times, and when we told the server, they blatantly ignored us. When my sister asked for a refill of water, they only brought ONE glass of water even though there were four empty glasses on the table.

Other than the horrible service, the food was pretty terrible too. The wagyu cheeseburger, which I requested to be done medium rare, came out to be dry. The babyback ribs were slightly too sweet. The only dish we enjoyed was the pizza.

This was honestly one of the most horrendous experience of my life. I still can taste that disgusting leftover ketchup in my mouth and it makes me sick. I will never ever patronize this horrible establishment ever again.