Truffle Fries15 votes

People Watching3 votes

Pei Hua
 • Thursday at 11:13am 12 reviews 3 followers
Overall
We had the Wagyu Beef and Mushroom pizza that turned out quite well. And the fish taco, which was effective a piece of fried fish, something like the fish in fish and chips, wrapped in a taco shell and topped with sauce. In all honestly, the food was above average.

However, for the distance thast you have to drive, and the prices you are paying. You could easily take your money else where.

Rae Rueyjing
 • 28 Sep 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
To wait more than half an hour for four $8/9 milkshakes and almost an hour for a waffle stack at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon was incredulous.

With the exception of Ramon the waiter who, to his credit, actually did try his best, the rest of the service staff were too preoccupied or flustered to serve us who were seated right smack in the middle of the restaurant.

For a simple afternoon snack of truffle tries, waffles and 4 milkshakes and a coffee, which cost a jolly $81,  we waited till the cows got lost and never came home.

Honestly, I do feel for the bosses of this place, who had really created such a lovely ambience in the oasis of the far flung end of Singapore, only to be undermined by the non-existent service.

Will I ever return to this place? No.
Not when you said there is no banana for milkshakes but a banana turned up in our overcooked waffles. Wouldn't it be lovely if you were to just serve us for waffles than to separate our waffles from us, only to let it overcook itself? What a pity.

While it is not like we are bananas for bananas, but I find it frankly a mouth-gaping moment when one has to ration bananas. Incredulous.

A reputable 300-seater restuarant who could have been so much better.

What. a. pity.

Bunnykoh
 • 13 Sep 2014 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Took a day off with hubby and decided to drive to the other end of Singapore from where we stay. The Coastal Settlement came into our minds. Nested amongst lush greenery and vintage collectibles, the restaurant was inviting enough for us on a rainy day. I ordered the tom yam pasta while my other half ordered the mushroom cream pasta. We shared an appetiser of wagyu beef salad.

The wagyu beef was just the right texture. Tender, juicy, well-marinated and melted in our mouths. There were about 15 pcs among the salad. The tom yum pasta was creamy and flavorful without having an overpowering tom yum taste. The mushroom pasta was just nice on the cream. Not too dry like some we've had but enough sauce to be able to enjoy the taste. Dessert was lava cake with vanilla ice cream. We couldn't fault the dessert at all.

Service was average not over the top. No complaints coz I guess the service staff could give us more attention on a weekday when the restaurant is half full. Ambience was nostalgic and relaxing. We were surrounded by vintage furniture and collectibles. 80s music playing in the background. So relaxing we almost dozed off after the meal...:)

Must tries: Wagyu beef salad, Tom Yum pasta