Truffle Fries15 votes

People Watching3 votes

Bunnykoh
 • 13 Sep 2014 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Took a day off with hubby and decided to drive to the other end of Singapore from where we stay. The Coastal Settlement came into our minds. Nested amongst lush greenery and vintage collectibles, the restaurant was inviting enough for us on a rainy day. I ordered the tom yam pasta while my other half ordered the mushroom cream pasta. We shared an appetiser of wagyu beef salad.

The wagyu beef was just the right texture. Tender, juicy, well-marinated and melted in our mouths. There were about 15 pcs among the salad. The tom yum pasta was creamy and flavorful without having an overpowering tom yum taste. The mushroom pasta was just nice on the cream. Not too dry like some we've had but enough sauce to be able to enjoy the taste. Dessert was lava cake with vanilla ice cream. We couldn't fault the dessert at all.

Service was average not over the top. No complaints coz I guess the service staff could give us more attention on a weekday when the restaurant is half full. Ambience was nostalgic and relaxing. We were surrounded by vintage furniture and collectibles. 80s music playing in the background. So relaxing we almost dozed off after the meal...:)

Must tries: Wagyu beef salad, Tom Yum pasta

foodie2711
 • 11 Sep 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I dined at TCS for the first time today, and I had high expections because many of my friends have raved about this place. But sadly, I was disappointed with what I experienced today.

Once we sat down, they served us a glass of water each, and I took a sip without checking my glass (obviously thinking it was clean). I thought the water tasted weird, so I checked my red glass, and guess what I found? Ketchup smeared all over the rim. I suppose they don't wash their dishes properly? Did I just ingest someone's leftover ketchup? I nearly threw up at the table even though we have not ordered. I called our server and told her what just happened, and she nonchalantly said "Oh, I'm sorry" and when she served me the new glass of water, she did not even bother to apologize again.

Even though the restaurant was empty (there were only two other tables besides mine), the service was absolutely atrocious. No one came to fill up our glasses of water. No one came to ask if our food was okay. There was a fly that was flying around our table and landed on our food a couple of times, and when we told the server, they blatantly ignored us. When my sister asked for a refill of water, they only brought ONE glass of water even though there were four empty glasses on the table.

Other than the horrible service, the food was pretty terrible too. The wagyu cheeseburger, which I requested to be done medium rare, came out to be dry. The babyback ribs were slightly too sweet. The only dish we enjoyed was the pizza.

This was honestly one of the most horrendous experience of my life. I still can taste that disgusting leftover ketchup in my mouth and it makes me sick. I will never ever patronize this horrible establishment ever again.

colourfulapple
 • 12 Aug 2014 22 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The ambience is nice with some greenies on the outside. The interiors are also cosily decorated. The food we ordered were the roast chicken with a side of truffle fries, and the fried chicken. Upon presentation, the food looks wonderful and we were very eager to eat it all. However, the fried chicken was an ordinary fried chicken with Thai sweet chili sauce poured all over it. The roast chicken looks interesting with its corn kernel and gravy but it was too bland for my liking. The truffle fries was not the best. It was drenched of truffle oil and did not taste fresh.

One thing I would remember about this place is its awful service. It was difficult to get attention from any of the waiters. We asked for some water but they did not serve us any even after asking several times. We had already ordered some iced lemon tea prior.

In addition, it took them more than 15 minutes to come to the table with the bill for payment. We had to ask 3 times before we finally received the bill. Maybe there were short of staff or something, but the horrible service left a bad impression on us.