Review for The Coastal Settlement

3.2

AsianBeerChineseFusionLocalPizzaSingaporeanWesternWine
Address: 200 Netheravon Road, 508529
07 May 2012 • 22 Reviews • 2 Followers

Was excited about this place

Overall
I've read and seen many nice photos of this place for months now so I was very excited to make the trip out there.

From the outside walking in, the restaurant was bigger than I anticipated and of course, I was enthralled by the decor, vintage cars and old collectibles on the walls and shelves.

Onto the menu... nothing really got me excited, I would categorize the food into three groups, on one end there's the classic stuff like fish & chips and bolognese pasta and on the other end, it's a tad fusion like miso carbonara and wagyu beef pizza. Then throw in a list of local delights (at very high prices) and of course, the crowd favourite - truffle fries. The menu left me confused.

I decided on the beef & pork bolognese, my boyfriend had the prawn aglio olio and two lattes on the side. Coffee was alright. His aglio olio was pretty tasty but the portion was a bit small for the price. My bolognese was okay but the portion was a lot bigger.

Service was not good. His food came a full ten minutes before mine, really dislike it when that happens. No tap water was served.

• beef & pork bolognese