Crackling Suckling Pig8 votes

View/Scenery3 votes

Justipsy
 • 09 Mar 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Food was very nice, though slightly on the pricey side. Service was disappointing as they forgot an order and lied that they had to honor similar orders first. On checking further, found out they actually had my order to a table that arrived much later. What a waste of time and wished they'd told the truth instead.
As I'm typing this, they sent over some ice cream to pacify. Unfortunately half our table had cough and could not have ice cream. Sigh.... Just be truthful and quick on service. That was all we asked for.

Must tries: crispy lamb ribs

Brunch

Shi WenKai
 • 05 Mar 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Had a dinner there on 04 Feb 14. Ordered the bone marrow, cod fish, pork cheeks and choc fondant to end it off. Everything was wonderful and service was great n personal. Slightly pricey at about $75 per pax. But all worth it as the food and service quality was all there!

Must tries: bone marrow, roasted miso cod

Anniversary

pickledpeas
 • 17 Dec 2013 93 reviews 3 followers
Overall
See the full review with pictures here.

We decided on eating here last week because they have a beautiful set lunch that is $28 for 2 courses, and $33 for 3. Their food has never disappointed us once, except for the afternoon chocolate fondant cake - for some reason it is always overcooked when we go for lunch. We haven't really sent it back, because it takes extremely long for them to whip up another one. They have a huge selection of desserts though, so you can order anything else. When done properly, their fondant cake is very nice though.

We started with the cos lettuce salad with prawns, desiccated prosciutto, and ebiko. I had the breaded portabello salad with a poached egg [$18]. It was pretty amazing.

I ordered the crayfish mac & cheese [$16], which is one of the best mac &; cheeses I've had on this side of the globe. It's not super legit in that the sauce is not creamy and most of the cheese is piled on top; but the non creamy sauce that surrounds the penne and chunks of crayfish was excellent.

My bf ordered part of the lunch set, which was the braised pork cheek with mashed potatoes. It was divine, and I don't even like pork. Even more divine than the Japanese way of doing toroniku. Every little bit melted in your mouth, and all the fat had rendered. The red wine gravy was excellent. I still dream about this pork cheek.

So everything was a 10/10 except that fondant cake that they can't seem to get right. All in all, still a pretty good meal by my standards.

The place is pretty crowded for lunch, and the interior decor is all grey and classy. I like going here for dinner too, they do a fantastic grilled cod, prawns en papillote, patatas bravas, probably everything they do is excellent especially if you order meats you are predisposed to. It's pricey but one of the most consistently good places I've been to i.e. you can bring guests here.