Summary

Food/Drink3
Hanger Steak, Hokey Pokey Parfait, Prawn and scallop ravioli View all
Vibrant/Noisy, Boys Night Out, After Work, Girls Night Out, Business Dining, Chillout, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Supper View all

A grand brasserie and bar with irresistible promotions

At 5,000 sqft this is probably the CBD’s largest brasserie and bar. With its leather seats and marble tabletop, the place certainly feels grand and swanky, but you’ll feel comfortable at this the multi-concept restaurant, lounge and bar partaking in hearty breakfasts, coffee catch-ups, power lunches, languorous dinners and a good ol’ round of after work drinks. Alongside their impressive wine list is an extensive menu of vodka, gin, rum, tequila and champagne cocktails (from $16). They’ve also got a large range of single malt whiskies (from $16) and liqueurs ($13). Oh, and ladies? Pop by on Wednesday evenings and you’ll get to enjoy free martinis and cosmos at the main bar from 6pm to 9pm. For more drinking guides, click here!

Most helpful reviews for The Exchange

Never go back there again

I've experienced here the worst service in Singapore...but their store manager was the worst - no wonder all the staff here is badly educated. It's $30+ lunch which is totally not worth the taste. I will never ever come back.

Disappointing service and lacklustre food

Food review: Had the X'mas menu

Soup - smelt good but my lunch companion remarked that it tasted bland

Main course - i had the open ravioli and needed tobasco sauce to bring out some flavor. alright if you like your ravioli lightly-flavoured, though.

Dessert - my lunch companion asked for the Xmas pudding sans alchohol content. The server took 3 minutes to check if their rum and raising ice cream had alcohol-content (!...) and came back to tell us that they couldnt serve the dessert because the ice-cream had alcohol in it. When asked if we could replace the ice-cream with another flavour, they said they couldnt because it came together with the pudding (...). Did the pudding contain alcohol? They said no, it was only the ice-cream.

We gave up and decided to order a scoop of ice-cream for her instead, to which they said they only have 1 other flavour available, which was vanilla. She said OK. I ordered the pudding for myself.

When it came to dessert, my lunch companion was served a bowl of raspberry ice-cream. (...)

My Xmas pudding came with the pudding and a scoop of rum and raisin ice cream on top of the pudding. 1) The ice cream tasted like plain vanilla ice cream - no raisin found, no rum tasted. 2) And if the pudding had no alcohol content why couldn't they just serve the pudding with the vanilla ice cream?

FYI the floor manager? lead waiter? (male, slim, spiked hair) told me cheerfully that he would find out why my lunch companion was served raspberry ice-cream instead of vanilla but avoided all eye contact with me after that. He had 45 mins to come back to me but he never did.

It'll take a lot for me to return.

Worth a visit

I love the ambience of the place. But there was a lack in service wise. Had Valentine's day set menu and asked the waitress for more about the menu but she seem to know nothing at all. She was not able to tell us what the dessert is and even gave us the wrong information on how the set menu is like. The set was very affordable at only $88++ per couple. For more review and pictures please visit http://wheretoburp.blogspot.sg/

Better than expected

Read the full review at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.sg/2012/11/the-exchange.html

Maybe it's because I'd heard a couple of unimpressive reviews of this place, or maybe it's because the sprawling restaurant always seems barely filled whenever I walk past it, but I admittedly had low expectations for lunch. Nonetheless, I thought the food was way better than expected. Not memorably great, but pretty alright, with above average food, and a very value-for-money set lunch menu. Service was a little choppy and unorganized though, which was disappointing, seeing as the restaurant was only half-filled when we dined for lunch.

We had:

1) Risotto ($27) was pretty good. Al dente grains, starchy without being too heavy, seasoned by a nicely rounded mushroom base with the heady essence of truffle

2) Asparagus Salad ($18) comprised enough sinful ingredients to make this a dieter's nightmare. Garlicky ciabatta crisps, plentiful streaky bacon strips, and a poached egg that helped bind the crisp crunchy greens together with its oozy eggy goodness

3) Haddock Fish and Chips ($25) was a little lacking in salt, but nothing a little squeeze of the lemon and some tartar sauce couldn't cure. The fleshy fillets were moist and flaky, while the batter was thick, flavourful and crisp

4) Truffle Fries ($12): delightful and a real crowd pleaser, piping hot, crisp and evenly salted with truffle, these were snapped up in a flash