Back to The House of Robert Timms#01-02/03, 321 Orchard Road

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining3 votes

ArcticStar
 • 18 Sep 2014 277 reviews 2 followers
Overall
The chosen lunch venue today was The House of Robert Timms, which is an Australian Restaurant / cafe serving gourmet coffee and wholesome Australian-styled food cooked with only the freshest ingredients (at least that's what their website proclaims).

Over here, the service staff are rather friendly and helpful as well. As we were walking past the bar counter seats, we passed by these rows of gourmet coffee and extremely koala bears on sale. Anyway we had initially wanted to try the kangaroo and curry crocodile dishes, which I'd seen in the menu before, only to realize that they have just changed the menu.

Well, we still got to try my kangaroo. This is the Kangaroo Loin Steak (SGD$40.00), served with zucchini, green beans and carrots with a side of mashed potato. The meat is not very tender, and tastes to me like a cross between veal and pork. It had the same sweet overture and chewy-ness, and the red wine sauce we chose sweetened the dish up further, sealing in the red meat's natural delicious flavor.

In lieu of crocodile meat, we took up the manager's recommendation of Braised Short Ribs in Stout Sauce (SGD$32.00) - served with vegetables and mashed potatoes on the side as well. The first thing that hit me when I tasted this dish was the tenderness of the meat. Never a fan of ribs under most circumstances, the meltingly soft texture of this simply blew me away. Then the strong, bittersweet flavor of black beer registered, adding a touch of goodness to the luscious meat.

For full review and more photos, please feel free to visit:

Must tries: Kangaroo Loin Steak, Iced Chocolate Mint, Short Ribs in Stout Sauce

Dinner, Lunch
  • Short Ribs in Stout Sauce
  • Kangaroo Loin Steak
  • Interior

Gary Tan 875
 • 10 Nov 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We were dining for over an hour and taking happy snaps of the food and cakes to write a review but the Manager , Josie suddenly shouted at us "No Photos Allowed!"
There was no policy or signs prohibiting photos and C'mon, which restaurant nowadays denies their diners to take pics of the food.
Robert Timms, please train your staff to have better service manner!

Chiu Yen Phua
 • 28 Aug 2013 240 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Prosciutto and Grilled Pineapple Wild Rocket Salad - http://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/the-house-of-robert-timms-orchard/

Very fragrant! MUST-TRY!!!!!!!!! A bit salty for the ham but still tasted alright overall. Cheese was super good too. Vegetables were simply heavenly. I rate it 4.5/5!!!!!!!!!

Must tries: Prosciutto and Grilled Pineapple Wild Rocket Salad