Alfresco/Outdoor Dining4 votes
View/Scenery3 votes

Celine Asril
 • 01 Nov 2013 245 reviews 9 followers
Overall
For Indian cusine that is more than kebabs and curries, book a table at the Mango Tree for Deepavali celebrations. Their seafood dishes are extravagant – you won't go wrong with the Malabar seafood platter (tiger prawns, fish, squid and soft shell crabs, $65). The establishment is also known for the array of desserts available, with the semiya payasam (vermicelli in milk, cashewnuts and sultanas, $6.50) and carrot halwa (carrot-flavoured dense, sweet confection, $6.50) highlighted as must-tries. For more Indian restaurant reviews, read here http://www.hungrygowhere.com/dining-guide/what-to-eat/10-indian-restaurants-to-book-*aid-be2f3101/

Must tries: Malabar seafood platter, semiya payasam (vermicelli in milk, cashew nuts and sultanas), carrot halwa

Dinner, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch
  • Malabar seafood platter (tiger prawns, fish, squid and soft shell crabs)
  • Malabar seafood platter (tiger prawns, fish, squid and soft shell crabs)

Highonfood
 • 14 Sep 2013 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I've been in Singapore long enough and I think I have been to most Indian restaurants that deserve a try. You wouldnt think a restaurant in a mall could have good ambience. Located on the balcony of 112 Katong overlooking a quiet road, I absolutely love the ambience. The food is good and the coastal edge in each of their dishes really makes it special. The serice is impeccable and its never too noisy. The kadai chicken was great, so was the avial. I stuck to beer both times I was there, so cant comment on the drinks. Highly recommend this place!

Maya Ann Pinto
 • 16 Jun 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We just dined at Mango Tree and the whole dining experience was appalling! Especially considering how much you pay for it! The food was mediocre at best. The fish dish we ordered (dry) was very ordinary and over-priced. The appams were a sorry sight and even stuck together! Service standards were very low as well with the staff going about their jobs with utmost disinterest. I decided to try this restaurant after over a decade as I remember the food having been pretty good way back then. However, I was proven wrong and will definitely not be going back.