Back to Todai#B2-01A, Marina Bay Sands, 2 Bayfront Avenue

Wine Lists3 votes

Rashny Poovi K
 • Wednesday at 6:44pm 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Should you or should you not eat here. Quality over quantity but not worthy the price you pay. Definitely better ones out there

Buffet, Children/Family, Corporate Events, Healthy Eating, Private Dining

Hazelleo
 • 02 Jul 2014 69 reviews 1 follower
Overall
I have always wanted to try Todai as it is well known as the “Mother of all Seafoods”. Finally has the chance to visit the restaurant as we bought a deal S$38.00nett for lunch buffet on weekdays. We made prior reservation before heading to the restaurant to avoid any disappointment.
The restaurant is very spacious and huge compared to other buffet restaurants that I visited. Each section has their individual open concept kitchen where the chefs perform their tasks. All chefs are busy preparing for the foods and the display are nicely filled with beautiful decorated foods. Basically, chefs are doing their job on individual sections to ensure the turnover of foods servings.
There are quite a number of sections available such as Salads & cold cuts, sushi sashimi, italian pizza & pasta, meat & seafoods, desserts and more.
I personally enjoyed the salads section.There are quite a various selections for salads and are nicely presented on the display. It is something different from the usual buffets. Different kind of dressings are mixed with the ingredients. This tempts me to try all of it. Unlike most of the restaurants, salads bar does not have choices like these.
Live Italian pasta is available in request. Diners can request for the available choices of pasta of the day for chef to prepare on the spot. Foods are always taste better when it is served hot.
Korean section is available with some of the korean specialty foods at the section.Churrasco section has the well- grilled meats that are nicely grilled and juicy taste.

Desserts section is not to miss with its variety of desserts available on the counter. Crème brulee and different flavors of mini slices of cakes are available. The portion of the cakes is just perfect for buffet session. This can reduce the food wastage and diners able to taste a bit of everything.
The restaurant has an excellent culinary standard as the chefs delicately prepared the foods and did the art plating as well. Service staffs were prompt with their services. Plates are cleared away after I am back from my next serving. I will definitely visit to try the dinner session next round.
For more reviews and photos : http://hazeldiary.com/

Must tries: crabs, sashimi, Dessert

After Work, Dinner, Large Groups, Lunch

Management

Dear Hazelleo,

Thank you for dining with us at TODAI.

We are pleased to know you had a pleasant dining experience. Do join us soon for the dinner buffet which has got more selections.

We appreciate the kind review and look forward to serve you better again.

Yours sincerely,
The Management
TODAI

08 July 2014

FoodHunters
 • 28 Jun 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Brought Mum for Mother's Day lunch together with my siblings & son one weekday.
Selection of food barely make the cut. Lots of cuisine but mostly less than 5 choices. Sashimi looks dull and not fresh. Replacement of the popular food like crabs are slow. Dessert selection is bad. The first buffet gone with less than 3 desserts. Not even soft serve ice-cream is available for lunch.

No good food but hopefully have good services esp when the location is in MBS. But service is an utter disappointment. Service staffs can walk passed you ignoring you. Worst of all, the staffs actually turn off all the lights at 3pm when the restaurant closed, even though when there are 2 tables of guests around. They don't even have to courtesy to inform us that the restaurant is close so we can make our way out. It was so dark that we can't even pack our bag. When we ask them to turn on the light, the service staff can even argued that they are closed. What kind of attidue is this!! Terrible...Terrible...Terrible!!

It's a sheer waste of time to go there!!

Management

Dear FoodHunters,

We were most concerned when we read about your feedback on the unpleasant experience that you had encountered.

We sincerely empathize on the situation that happened and would like to apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused to you. Your feedback has proved to be priceless to us to further improve our journey of providing the best service in town.

We certainly hope you that you’ll visit us the next time round for a better experience!

Yours Sincerely,