Back to Todai#B2-01A, Marina Bay Sands, 2 Bayfront Avenue

Wine Lists3 votes

callmekaylene
 • 27 Jun 2014 10 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Lots of varieties to choose from! Live carving station, pasta station, korean, western, asian and yes the sushi looks awesomely attractive!

It was during the crab season when we visited TODAI. The golden and king crabs were so delicious till I couldn't bother much about the cholesterol haha.. TODAI has got the best steamed prawn at the cold section. Cold sections' prawns were usually tasteless I'd say, but TODAI's were so yummy! They were so fresh and sweet!

Would love TODAI to have more selections for desserts and sashimi.

Overall, I'm pleased with my visit to TODAI! :)

Must tries: golden crab

Birthdays, Buffet, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Night Out

meowth
 • 18 Jun 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I went over in Saturday and reservation were only allowed at 2030.

When we got there, most of the food was finished not even refilled. The empty food container were left empty even after we are done. Only the Japanese and seafood side was refilled.

Considering that it is an international buffet, the selection is very limited. Chinese food was a disaster while western food was never refilled and never tried. The seafood was decent but most of us had an ache after the meal.

Yes, it's not the best but with this price tag, it's a not worth it. However, if it is $10-$15 cheaper than it'll be worth it.

Ps: this hgw app sucks. I can't even see where I am typing.

Must tries: crabs

After Work, Boys Night Out, Buffet
  • tasteless oyster
  • tasteless oyster

Management

Dear meowth,

Thank you for your feedbacks.

We apologies for your encounters. We will take your feedback seriously and bring it back to the management for further improvements.

With that, we hope to serve you better when you visit us again.

Yours sincerely,
The Management
TODAI

27 June 2014

negoto
 • 15 Jun 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went for Alaskan crab festival in May. Went over the weekend when they are suppose to serve 3 kinds of crab - red, king and emperor. Only saw 2 types being served. Crabs were cold and not as sweet as their freshness is a tad compromised.

Good fried food counter which they replenish once emptied. Fried food like tempura sweet potato, tempura pumpkin and calamari well done. Sushi bar serves prior made sushi but extensive range with creative flavours. Sashimi counter is small but am happy to see strict monitoring that nobody touches the food with bear hands.

Salads are good. BBQ meats were terribly dry.

Oden was well-loved by children (especially of Korean descent) but locals might not appreciate it as much. Pan-fried manduk (dumplings) were sub-par as they used frozen food sort of dumplings. Fried jeon (korean pancake) were thick and chewy - not something I like but tastes are subjective.

Good range of drinks. Ok desserts. Crepes station was ok for the fun factor.

Can be slow to replenish food. But they cleared dishes promptly.

Got free parking after more than $250 spend (remember to ask!)

Must tries: crabs

Brunch, Buffet, Children/Family, Dinner, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering

Management

Dear negoto,

Thank you for sharing your experience at TODAI.

We are glad that you were satisfied with the tempura and sashimi counters. Your feedback will be taken into serious consideration and we will share it with the team for further improvement. Quality and freshness of our offerings are equally important to us and we certainly hope you that you’ll visit us the next time round for a better experience!

Yours sincerely,