Back to Todai#B2-01A, Marina Bay Sands, 2 Bayfront Avenue

Wine Lists3 votes

Kiddy Doctor
 • 12 May 2014 10 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A group of 14 of us went for dinner. First, the front of the desk was not helpful in looking for our reservations. Some parts of the buffet was not replenished despite reminders to the staff. The Chawanmushi and chili crab dishes were empty for more than 1 hour. I don't think the buffet and service warrants a repeat visit. There are other better buffets around.

Management

Dear Kiddy Doctor,

We sincerely apologize for the experiences that you encountered.

We will bring your feedbacks to the restaurant team for improvements.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
The Management
TODAI

26 May 2014

NishaHeallmy
 • 06 May 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I went to Todai again yesterday since I did not manage to try all the new dishes that they have the other time I was here. This time I tried the whole salmon steak, the beef steak, the lamb chop steak (I guess I was craving steak) and the various rolls they had. The names of the rolls were interesting and they were quite delicious. If I recall, there was a Black Hole, Dragon Roll and Lion King. My friend enjoyed their new Korean dishes and tried the Pork Belly, which we heard was a new addition.

I think we managed to try out all the dishes by now. I might come back to go over it one more time ;)

Must tries: crabs, Dessert, Alaskan King crab

Buffet

Management

Dear NishaHeallmy,

Thank you for dining at TODAI again.

We are glad to have you back and pleased to know you enjoyed our new additions. Do come back soon!

Yours faithfully,
The Management
TODAI

09 May 2014

shandee
 • 06 May 2014 1 review 0 follower
Variety of Food - Good. Alaska Crab is wonderful, sashimi is good too
Service is below average. Waitress are expressionless & slow in clearing the plates.

Surprisingly, only kids of height 130cm & below will be charge at kid pricing.. A 9 year only kid would mostly be above 130cm already & would have to pay the adult price, which is really hefty for a kid. Todai's reply to my query on this was -

TODAI has been practicing the policy since its establishment in 1985.
The management feels that it would be fair to judge by height instead of the age as the taller kids will consume more foods in general.
Thank you.

Still, am not convince. Policy since 1985! Shldnt Todai do some research & see if their research justify their 1985 policy?? If most hotels can use age as a guideline on charging kids buffet, I do not see how Todai's rationale of charging based on height stands............. Perhaps, Todai is not a family oriented restaurant