Back to Todai#B2-01A, Marina Bay Sands, 2 Bayfront Avenue

Wine Lists3 votes

DavidAng9
 • 05 May 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
First time patronizing Todai in late April 2014, since it is at MBS I expected better ambience. I have the same reviews as most of the reviewers here, the food was really average, portions were tiny. Not to mention the tables were situated very closely to each other, there was no space to walk and not enough space for my plates. My friend tried calling for a waitress to clear our plates but she walked by twice without noticing us.

In the end we had no choice but to put our used plates on the table next to us and when the same staff saw she immediately looked annoyed. We saw 2 other waitresses carrying up to 6 to 8 plates of used plates at one time coming from the very end of the restaurant but no one was attending to our area at that time.

The only other waitress I saw around was the one we called for twice but she did not see us. At this point it was getting very frustrating because our plates (and the other customers near us) were piling up and all she did was stand at the counter. (In front of a room labelled Chicago if I don't remember wrongly). Also her expression was completely irritated as if she didn't want to be there at all. Just to highlight in case any of the managers see this, I presume she is not a Singaporean, most probably a Filipino. She had the same uniform as both of the other waitresses (black shirt, red apron) but only the other 2 waitresses were busy clearing plates, yet they still could smile at customers.

This particular waitress had no initiative at all I even felt bad when I called over 1 of the other 2 waitresses to help with my used plates.

Please improve the service of your staff, especially the (presumed) Filipino waitress. The staff in pants, a vest and tie did not seem to care that she was not helping in clearing plates at all, I presume that they are of a higher position than the waiting staff in black shirt and red apron.

Also, it is upsetting to see such a sour/annoyed expression by a waitress when my friend and I were trying to have a enjoyable night.
Clearly, I am not the only one that is disappointed with the service. (photos attached)

Must tries: Alaskan King crab

After Work

LorenzoF
 • 05 May 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I went there last week and really enjoyed the new menu. I have been to TODAI a few times and was quite familiar with the spread they usually have, but when I went there last week, almost everything had been changed. The crab festival was back so I got my fix of King Crab. They had snow crab, red crab and golden crab too.

The Carpaccio, beef steak and the whole salmon steak were some of the new favourite dishes for me, but I know my friend enjoyed the new Korean dishes and some of the new rolls as well.

Even if you've been to TODAI before (like I have), you should go again to check out their new menu.

Must tries: crabs, Alaskan King crab

Buffet

Management

Dear LorenzoF,

We appreciate your continuous support for TODAI.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed yourself with the crab festival, Carpaccio, beef steak and whole salmon steak. Do visit us again soon.

Anyway, thank you for recommending us!

Best Regards,
The Management
TODAI

07 May 2014

NishaHeallmy
 • 02 May 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I went for dinner there with my fiancé yesterday! The new spread was a delightful surprise!

My favourite was the Alaskan Crab Festival because there were 4 types of crabs to choose from; snow, golden, red and King Crab! They changed most of the food items in the buffet line so we got to try a lot of new things last night. The Carpaccio and Gravlax was really good, and we kept topping up on the half-shell scallop. Can't wait to go back there to try the rest of the items since we could not try all the new dishes in one meal. Nonetheless, it was a very fulfilling dinner date.

Must tries: crabs, Alaskan King crab, Alaskan King crab

Buffet

Management

Dear NishaHeallmy,

Thank you for dining with us at TODAI.

We are glad to know you and your fiancé like the Carpaccio and Gravlax. Be sure to be back soon for the other new items.

We look forward to have both of you dining with us again.

Yours faithfully,