13 Oct 2014 • 172 reviews • 2 followers
Located in one of the shophouses along Tanjong Katong Road, I often drive past this restaurant, to and from East Coast Road.
If you are driving, it is located opposite the old Tanjong Katong Technical School (now Canadian International School). Parking is available at the open air URA-coupon car park on the opposite side of the road.
Last weekend, I decided to bring my family here to try the food at this Italian restaurant.
Here are the highlights of my meal -
- Platter of toasted bread: The bread were toasted and served warm, together with butter, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and chili flakes. The chilli flakes were very spicy. Keep away from the kids!
- Calamari Fritti: This was nicely done. The managere recommended this and it came with two types of mayonnaise for dipping. Must-order!
- Calamari Alla Griglia (grilled): This caught my eye when I was looking at the menu. Done Italian style, where the squid is grilled, then cut into slices. It was mildly salty and you can ask for more salt to go with it.
- Tagliolini with crab meat, cherry tomatoes, rockets in white wine sauce: This was my favorite dish for the meal. Crab meat tossed Alio Olio style with al dente Tagliolini noodles. Must-order!
- Linguine with mixed seafood in tomato sauce in foil: Squid rings, prawns, scallops and mussel cooked in a tomato sauce with chopped garlic. When the manager opened the sealed aluminium bag, you get steam tarising from the bag. I must say the chef was generous with the ingredients.
- Tagliolini with prawns and crab meat in light tomato sauce: My second favorite dish for the meal. The crab meat sauce is similar to the ealier Tagliolini pasta. The prawns were decent size and fresh. I will order this dish again.
- Salsiccia Pizza: Tomato base, Mozarella and homemade pork sausage: Recommended by the manager, I loved it. The crust is thin and had a good bite. Pork sausage was also nice. Given the size of the serving, this can be easily shared by 3 pax.
My children are picky eaters. At the end of the meal, both had third helpings of the pizza and pasta. This means we will be back soon enough!
This will definitely be on my list for Italian places to dine when I next have my craving for Italian food. Try it!