Back to Tuckshop Cafe#07-02, 178 Paya Lebar Road

Breakfast3 votes

May Kay
 • 18 Feb 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
(blogged on mayydiaries.blogspot.com) Jol ordered the tuna Caesar Salad which was mediocre. I ordered the German Pork Schnitzel which was pretty terrible. I don't understand how they need 2 chefs and the 2 waitstaff they have basically stood behind the counter chatting and giggling. No service whatsoever and in Singapore, their prices arent necessarily the cheapest thing around either. What a total fail. However on instagram, a friend who's been there tells me their Truffle Mash (not on the menu) is good. But then, its hard to go wrong when there's truffle oil involved right? Event heir local dishes like chicken rice costs 10bucks! Like erm, office people could walk to other canteens around and get it for like 3bucks? Thank goodness they sell overpriced furniture right?

Rolling
 • 26 Sep 2012 151 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Please drop by http://rollingwrites.blogspot.sg/2012/09/tuckshop-cafe.html for pictures!

Safely tucked in an industrial building, Tuckshop is a place where you wouldn't really go to unless you knew that it existed. If you are thinking old-school tuckshop, then you can't be more wrong.

There are furniture samples in the shop. If you are interested, you could buy them or ask to get a new piece done for you.

I ordered Fish and Chips ($10.90). Personally, I felt that the portions were a little small. But that might be because I'm a big eater. The fish and chips does not taste greasy and is exceptionally smooth inside. Glad they provided salad greens instead of the standard coleslaw as well.

My friend ordered Four Cheese Sandwich ($7.80). I didn't try it but according to him, it tasted pretty good.

To round of the meal, we decided to go for an Apple Crumble ($6.90). My idea of a good apple crumble is where the inside is gooey and filled with chunky apples and yet not too sweet, and lastly topped off with lots of crumbs. This particular apple crumble (besides it being rather small) satisfied the gooey and not too sweet criteria but did not impress me with the crumbles.

Overall, this is a cool hangout place with nice music. Familiar tunes from the Beatles or Frank Sinatra were played. Friendly servers. Pity they don't serve water. Food is pretty good, except that I felt that the portions were too small.

Kawayama Hayas
 • 23 Sep 2012 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For full review, please visit > http://ahat247.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/tuckshop-cafe-paya-lebar-road/

We decided to check out Tuckshop, a cafe that is hidden in Paya Lebar industrial area. You can find the beautiful furniture creations in the cafe as the owner also has a furniture showroom in the same building.

I was at a lost of what to order for lunch after looking at the list of food on the chalkboard but I finally decide to order their signature fish and chips. The fish fillets are nicely fried while the batter is light and crispy. I like their mayonnaise and the presentation of the dish. However, it is only a decent fish and chips, nothing outstanding about the flavors of this main course.

Tuckshop Cafe is a nice place to chill out with friends during the weekends as there aren’t any crowd. You can eat slowly and enjoy a nice long conversation over a cup of coffee (in my case, a cup of hot chocolate). I would definitely be back to check out more of Tuckshop’s dishes when I am in the vicinity.