Reviews for Tuckshop Cafe

Western
Rolling

Rather small portion but good food

Please drop by http://rollingwrites.blogspot.sg/2012/09/tuckshop-cafe.html for pictures!

Safely tucked in an industrial building, Tuckshop is a place where you wouldn't really go to unless you knew that it existed. If you are thinking old-school tuckshop, then you can't be more wrong.

There are furniture samples in the shop. If you are interested, you could buy them or ask to get a new piece done for you.

I ordered Fish and Chips ($10.90). Personally, I felt that the portions were a little small. But that might be because I'm a big eater. The fish and chips does not taste greasy and is exceptionally smooth inside. Glad they provided salad greens instead of the standard coleslaw as well.

My friend ordered Four Cheese Sandwich ($7.80). I didn't try it but according to him, it tasted pretty good.

To round of the meal, we decided to go for an Apple Crumble ($6.90). My idea of a good apple crumble is where the inside is gooey and filled with chunky apples and yet not too sweet, and lastly topped off with lots of crumbs. This particular apple crumble (besides it being rather small) satisfied the gooey and not too sweet criteria but did not impress me with the crumbles.

Overall, this is a cool hangout place with nice music. Familiar tunes from the Beatles or Frank Sinatra were played. Friendly servers. Pity they don't serve water. Food is pretty good, except that I felt that the portions were too small.

24 Nov 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Poor service

I wanted to kill 2 hours doing some work on laptop & having some food but after the poor service decided to leave before ordering. This place is set up like a coffeeshop, decent & comfy looking chairs but it doesnt provide any Wifi...really strange
Nevermind I still thought i would sit down and do work and just use hotspot on my phone so I asked to use some power so I could charge my phone. only powerpoint in cafe was being used and the staff would not allow me to use any other powerpoints...that was it, forget it no point if the staff dont want to help, serve & support why waste any money here...dont waste your time or money go somewhere else
18 Feb 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

don't bother

(blogged on mayydiaries.blogspot.com) Jol ordered the tuna Caesar Salad which was mediocre. I ordered the German Pork Schnitzel which was pretty terrible. I don't understand how they need 2 chefs and the 2 waitstaff they have basically stood behind the counter chatting and giggling. No service whatsoever and in Singapore, their prices arent necessarily the cheapest thing around either. What a total fail. However on instagram, a friend who's been there tells me their Truffle Mash (not on the menu) is good. But then, its hard to go wrong when there's truffle oil involved right? Event heir local dishes like chicken rice costs 10bucks! Like erm, office people could walk to other canteens around and get it for like 3bucks? Thank goodness they sell overpriced furniture right?
26 Sep 2012 • 151 reviews • 1 follower