Reviews for (Closed) Ulu Ulu Cafe Lounge

AsianBeerFusionWesternWine
Coreen Soh

Hidden Chill Out Place

Hubby and I tried to locate this place previously but can't find. We manage to find it after some search. The place is located on top of a multistory carpark on level 9 within a secured premise. The restaurant is like a pub c** cafe with a bar and also dinner tables or sofa for lounging, depending on your preference. We ordered 3 dishes. Spaghetti Bolognaise, Lambshank Bak Kut Teh and Slow Roast Chicken in White Wine. Spaghetti was generously ladened with peas, carrots and meat. Tasted strongly of salsa, it's more Mexican than Italian. Not my type of pasta but hubby liked it. Lambshank was a fusion. The soup was very herbal and rich and topped with beancurd puff soaked in the soup. I liked the lambshank, cooked just nice. The portion was quite big and I could only finish half. The soup turned oily after it cooled down so gotta eat it real warm. The slow roast chicken tastes like old-fashioned chicken soup. With half a chicken, the portion is generous. Chicken was very soft and tender, and the soup was very tasty. It's a nice place to eat and I will be going back to try other dishes.
Sambal Fish Fillet
01 Nov 2013 • 119 reviews • 0 follower

Average Food in No Man's Land

Ulu Ulu Café Lounge is a quiet and rather cosy place where you’ll come by once and never come back again. Unless it is for their Slow Roasted Chicken which I have to emphasise, is a definite must try! Then again, this is just the main course, they do serve other dishes during lunch, so you might want to give that a shot, especially if you’re working in the area. If you love 95.0FM, this is the station that they play on the radio!

Visit http://ieatandeat.com/ulu-ulu-cafe-lounge/ on the dishes you might want to stay away from!

04 Sep 2013 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Not really recommend....

The ambience was not too bad with a nice view. The pricing of the food was not too bad... However, the food could be improved significantly. The ribeye special was the best thing there. Despite the steak being cooked well done, it was tender. The beef stew was extremely chewy and the fat was not rendered. It felt like the meat was freezer burned. The chicken in white wine was extremely tender. The broth was decent but the chicken itself was bland.... Overall, the entire dining experience could be improved.
Lambshank Bak Kut Teh