Summary

Cracked Pepper Mayo, creamy pepper shrooms burger, Char Grilled Satay Burger, Potato Spinach Pops, Vegan Franks, Smoky BBQ Burger and Spinach Pops, hawaiian burger, BBQ burger, Chilli Crabby Burger, Spinach and Wheatgrass juice., potatodumplings View all
Vegetarians, Quiet, Lunch, After Work, Chillout, Healthy Eating, Dinner, Children/Family, Hidden Find, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Brunch, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Take Away, Supper, Vibrant/Noisy View all

people found this review useful

Most helpful reviews for VeganBurg (Jalan Eunos)

Awesome vegan burgers

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/vegan-burg-44-jalan-eunos/

Choose a burger and make it a meal. Amazingly delicious! It has all the essential burger taste and texture. So good on its own. Being a mushroom lover, I chose the creamy shrooms burger and I totally loved it. The patty was fragrant and chewy. As for the seaweed fries, I felt that it was very rich and potato-ish and an excellent complement. Your stomach would be so happy to be filled with these yummy and healthy food. What’s more, there’s 15% student discount on weekdays from 2pm – 5pm which only sums up to a reasonable figure of approximately $10 per meal.

good experience but not for everyone

The first time I went to vegan burg was with my vegetarian friend. I went there again two times after with my parents and alone. I was rather worried the burgers would not be nice or tasteless. Imagine a meat eater trying vegan! Oh the horror!!!!

I got the hawaaiin burger and made it a meal which includes fries with seaweed flakes and a fountain drink of my choice. The burger was actually good, the bun was fresh and unusual with sunflower seeds AND the grilled patty actually tasted yummy! I had to admit it tasted like meat, and it was a soy patty. The only thing I did not like was that it came with a whole pineapple ring which I found incomvenient to eat. The fries were unsalted. The drink tasted like it was made out of lots of water and some syrup, not too sweet which is good. Generally I do not like my food too salty so I was okay with this.

The next few times I tried cracked pepper mayo with a deep fried soy patty and tangy tartar, initially I was worried the tartar sauce would not be tasty but it tasted like normal tartar sauce! I also tried the boiled brocolli instead of fries, it was a rather small portion and cold unfortunately. The brown rice ice cream in vanilla was good.

Price wise it was high for me at first as I am used to the cheaper prices at most fast food resturants.

I think most of my friends would not go for this because it is vegetarian and not to mention the food is not as salty and sweet as most fast food. I like it though! My parents tried the burger meals and found it not filling enough though.

A sorry excuse

I really don't understand any good reviews for this place. The burgers are tiny, the buns are dry, and for all the effort they claim to put into them, the burgers have about as much flavour as a rain-soaked tortilla. A sorry excuse for a burger joint, "healthy" or not. Perfect for yuppies who follow trends blindly and hurrah at every "cool" establishment that promotes itself as a mainstream alternative. For the sake of yourself and generations to follow: Surf some recipe sites or watch some step-by-step YouTube videos, but for the love of good food, learn how to make a burger at home - even on your first attempt it'll be tons better than this. You shouldn't have to sacrifice taste and flavour in the name of health. You shouldn't have to eat this. Make a salad instead.

hate the drinks

Been to this eatery quite a few times for takeaways, since it first opened. First of all, I hate all soy based fake meat, and the taste of tofu makes me nauseous, but strangely, I find the veggie patties of these burgers to be alright. Love their fries and really hate their drinks. The ambience of the place is really good

Not exactly healthy.

Vegan burg is pretty good for a change. If you're craving for burgers but can't bring yourself to have McD's, then this place would satisfy you. The burgers taste pretty alright. The soy patty was crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Add $3.90 or a meal or fries or broccoli with a drink. The drinks were horrible for a healthy food establishment. All tasted full of artificial flavorings and lots of sugar. However there is an option to top up $1.50 for fresh coconut. Which is pretty cool but I don't feel like having something so fancy every time. Next, spinach pops are a joke. Hardly any spinach in these. I expected it to be green on the inside, but it was mostly yellow (potato?) with specks of green spinach in it. Disappointing! Don't come here if you want healthy food. But if you're looking for a vegetarian meal, this is the place.